Visit website

Scroll to see replies

No news good news or bad news?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
la_mariposa
They probably applied to less competetive courses or quicker departments.

Thanks for the reassurance- I was beginning to freak out juuust a tad. Yeah, one of my friends applied for Arch and Anth, and got like an ABB/AAC offer :rolleyes:

By the way, you seem to know exactly which college your application has been passed to, how can you tell? Mine just says: Your application has been passed to a college.
Reply 22
Name: Max
Applying to: Arts
Subjects: Music and Modern Languages
College: University
Decision: Unconditional offer, and confirmed.

Bring on September 2010! Good luck to you all. I hope that the news is good. :smile:
lookingoutofthewindow
Thanks for the reassurance- I was beginning to freak out juuust a tad. Yeah, one of my friends applied for Arch and Anth, and got like an ABB/AAC offer :rolleyes:

By the way, you seem to know exactly which college your application has been passed to, how can you tell? Mine just says: Your application has been passed to a college.

You can see your college in the "Personal Links" section!
Reply 24
lookingoutofthewindow
Name: Georgia
Subjects: Latin and French
College: Hatfield
Decision: Been passed to a college but BLERGH.

Most of the people at my school heard in the first half of December... and got offers!

You've been passed to a college already? I'm so jealous! I've only seen one other person on TSR passed to college for Arts and a couple for SS
la_mariposa
You can see your college in the "Personal Links" section!

oh tanks.
and d123: I'm sure it will happen for you soon too! :yep:
Name: Hannah-Mary
Subjects: French, History, Spanish
College: St John's
Decision: Accepted, Entry deferred :smile:

Just to reassure you all, I did my application last year (before my gap year) and I didn't hear anything until the middle of March, by which time I'd more or less given up :tongue: Good luck... x
Maybe someone can help me, I'm kind of freaking out at the moment... :eek:

hannah1992 posted this on the Durham applicants thread.

hannah1992
You had to put it in the 'further information' (I think that's what of was called) section under that choice on your UCAS form. Mine got sent back once coz I didn't do it..

I didn't do that either, and mine has been passed to a college! :eek3: But I checked on the homepage, because I thought we might have to, and it didn't say that anywhere. It's possible that I didn't see it though, because I really was in a hurry, because I didn't have very much time left before the 14 day deadline after submitting the UCAS form.

This can't really be the reason for the colleges passing me around, can it?

Should I email the department?
It's really weird, because I thought this means I've been accepted by the department... I'm kind of scared right now, I'll still get a rejection or something because they didn't see that I didn't do it.... :eek3:

EDIT: I just found it on the website. I was in such a hurry before that I really didn't see it. I don't understand why I was sent to college though?
Reply 28
la_mariposa
Maybe someone can help me, I'm kind of freaking out at the moment... :eek:

hannah1992 posted this on the Durham applicants thread.

I didn't do that either, and mine has been passed to a college! :eek3: But I checked on the homepage, because I thought we might have to, and it didn't say that anywhere. It's possible that I didn't see it though, because I really was in a hurry, because I didn't have very much time left before the 14 day deadline after submitting the UCAS form.

This can't really be the reason for the colleges passing me around, can it?

Should I email the department?
It's really weird, because I thought this means I've been accepted by the department... I'm kind of scared right now, I'll still get a rejection or something because they didn't see that I didn't do it.... :eek3:

EDIT: I just found it on the website. I was in such a hurry before that I really didn't see it. I don't understand why I was sent to college though?

You were so awesomely good that they didn't even care? You're in college. I wouldn't think they'd send you there if there was that much of a problem.
Tivale
You were so awesomely good that they didn't even care? You're in college. I wouldn't think they'd send you there if there was that much of a problem.

I hope so, although I don't think I'm that a strong candidate. :s-smilie: My grades are quite good, but so are the other applicants' grades. :rolleyes:

I just emailed them, explained the situation and begged them for forgiveness... err well not really, but I did ask them if it is problem :wink: Because I really couldn't be sitting here worrying anymore :rolleyes:
Reply 30
la_mariposa
I hope so, although I don't think I'm that a strong candidate. :s-smilie: My grades are quite good, but so are the other applicants' grades. :rolleyes:

I just emailed them, explained the situation and begged them for forgiveness... err well not really, but I did ask them if it is problem :wink: Because I really couldn't be sitting here worrying anymore :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be more than fine. Good luck :smile:
Tivale
I'm sure you'll be more than fine. Good luck :smile:

Thanks. I feel better now. I'll just have to wait. And if they usually get back to applicants who did not specify the subjects, then they either made a mistake, too or they just felt they didn't have to based on my PS. :s-smilie:
Reply 32
d123
Have you still not heard? I'm not sure how many of us are left without been rejected!

Nope not heard anything still. They're doing this on purpose now...
Reply 33
Bleurgh
Nope not heard anything still. They're doing this on purpose now...

I hope we hear soon! (Hopefully with offers, obviously!) This waiting is really driving me up the wall.
I am a current durham student. If your application is accepted by a department the you have a place at durham as they WILL find room in one of the colleges. I also do this course. It is the most amazingcourse ever and most of my friends are really jealous that i can pick and choose my subjects. You can switch between Arts/social scieneces when you get here. I have twice. Doubt they'd let me do ita third time though!

For those of you who say 'bleugh' about being moved to a different college other than university, relax. The other colleges are wonderful, expet maybe teh ones in stockton ;p. The one son teh hill have most space, sports facilities on site, whereas teh ones on teh bailey although old fashioned have less space and are more cramped and in some cases (chads, cuths) the rooms are small and shabby. Nontheless, all the colleges are fantastic and you will be at home wherever you are. You become so attached to your college. My boyfirend is at Castle by the way, and they can be a bit up themselves about their tradition. Most peoples schools are older than castle so its not the biggest deal!

Anyway, I hope Ive alleviated some worries/fears. If you wnat to know anything more, PM me and best of luck people. x
Got an offer yesterday for Combined Arts(English and History)! At my first-choice college as well, St Cuths. Now to get 3 As...
Reply 36
jollyrogera
Got an offer yesterday for Combined Arts(English and History)! At my first-choice college as well, St Cuths. Now to get 3 As...

You have no idea how jealous I am! But well done!
Reply 37
ellie_flower
I am a current durham student. If your application is accepted by a department the you have a place at durham as they WILL find room in one of the colleges. I also do this course. It is the most amazingcourse ever and most of my friends are really jealous that i can pick and choose my subjects. You can switch between Arts/social scieneces when you get here. I have twice. Doubt they'd let me do ita third time though!

For those of you who say 'bleugh' about being moved to a different college other than university, relax. The other colleges are wonderful, expet maybe teh ones in stockton ;p. The one son teh hill have most space, sports facilities on site, whereas teh ones on teh bailey although old fashioned have less space and are more cramped and in some cases (chads, cuths) the rooms are small and shabby. Nontheless, all the colleges are fantastic and you will be at home wherever you are. You become so attached to your college. My boyfirend is at Castle by the way, and they can be a bit up themselves about their tradition. Most peoples schools are older than castle so its not the biggest deal!

Anyway, I hope Ive alleviated some worries/fears. If you wnat to know anything more, PM me and best of luck people. x

When did you hear about getting in, can you remember? I don't really mind what college I'd get, though I'd love to be in Trevs it's not the biggest problem, it's getting accepted in the first place that's a worry!
My offer came through about an hour and half ago! I'm so happy! :woo:
d123
You have no idea how jealous I am! But well done!

Thanks and hope you hear soon too. And well done la_mariposa!

Latest

Trending

Trending