Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Best way to revise for geography?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be loads of other thread for how to revise for other subjects but not geography which is the one which im finding the hardest. I have also got an AS Business exam in Business Studies. What would be the best way to revise for these subjects?

Geography - WJEC
    Business Studies - AQA
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bumo
    po
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GurlGamer)
    There seems to be loads of other thread for how to revise for other subjects but not geography which is the one which im finding the hardest. I have also got an AS Business exam in Business Studies. What would be the best way to revise for these subjects?

Geography - WJEC
    Business Studies - AQA
    There tends to be a lot of information required in questions so summarise your notes, draw diagrams so key words/pictures will make you remember the rest of a point. Find out exactly what topic you struggle with the most and start there, no point putting it off if you don't like it etc.

Past papers and looking at marking schemes to see where the marks actually come from is also helpful.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use revision cards xD and draw diagrams on if i need to...seriously though this year the amount of revision cards ive made...it looks like ive destroyed a whole rainforest with them =p
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Flash cards are good I'm doing Edexcel so not sure how similar it is, but last year I focused on the case studies + learnt the theory that went with them - it worked really well for me 'cos I always knew a case study to illustrate what I way saying
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currently, I'm doing Edexcel A2 Geography and I find it okay/better. I found it so hard in AS and I have struggled so much from an E (assessments, tests etc.) to a B (exam). What I did is I do the mind map to label the main points from each case study. Also, I did a lot, lot, lot of revision cards and keep repeating it over and over in my mind. Don't just do one revision technique because doing a range of revision techniques will help you massively in many ways - helping many information to process in brain. It's not hard, though as long as you revise it well enough throughout a year OR a few months earlier before the exams.

REVISION TECHNIQUES:
    - mind map
    - diagrams, e.g. the greenhouse effect or el nino etc.
    - revision cards
    - flash cards
    - past paper with mark scheme helps you to secure the top marks
    - writing repetitively (best to do this weeks before exam to improve your memory skill)
    - having breaks at many intervals, e.g. every 20 min, have a break for a few min to process the information.
    - don't eat sugary foods, best to eat the fruits or healthy snacks (truly helped me a lot)
    - PRACTISE, PRACTISE, PRACTISE!!
    Don't freak out, though and struggles & stresses will turn out to be useful as they help you to cope under pressure.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.