Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll. Guardian or Times. Whose ranking r more accurate

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Every one knows that Guardian and Times take out there uni ranking seprately and there r lots of difference in position of various uni while comparing bth. SO pls. share ur opinion which ranking u like most and why?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Times for law.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where i can get rankings for healthcare or allied health proffesions. Can anyone help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    I don't know where i can get rankings for healthcare or allied health proffesions. Can anyone help!
    Just go on goole and type guardian + university + ranking or times = UNIVERSITY + RANKING
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Times and Guardian use different criteria for their ranking, and this is (as far as I remember) published at the same time as their university league tables.

You really need to read the criteria to find out which is more appropriate to you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They've all got their bias. Personally I never used them because they don't give you a true reflection for what a univeristy is really like. Go to the university and see it for yourself - talk to the lecturers.. walk around the campus/city. Get a feel for the place.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the Times is generally held to be more accurate, but I love the Grauniad too much to choose another newspaper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get the impression The Guardian's are just made up by the work experience kid.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the rankings of the Sunday Times, and not the Times or Guardian. They seem to be the most well-reasoned.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Times by a mile.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian ranked UCL 14th for Law and placed Bradford University above it. The Times appears to be more accurate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    rankings are nonsense
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    I get the impression The Guardian's are just made up by the work experience kid.
    Oi! It took me ages to compile that!
Updated: July 10, 2005
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.