The Student Room Group

A Level Courses...?

hey
am about to pick my courses for A levels at college....
are these a good combination...
1....english language and literature combined
2....Sociology
3....Art..(Graphic design)

i hopefully want to go into primary school teaching..:smile: ..and just asking that if there is someone on TSR who is taking any of these subjects at the moment or has took them in the past at college them please let me know how you found them....easy/hard....etc....?:confused:
and if the above subjects are a good combination...?

Thankyou!:biggrin:
Are you only doing three? It might be worth picking up a fourth, which you only do at AS level if you can.
Hmmm, I agree with letsdothetimewarpagain; it seems unusual only taking 3 AS's. Doing 4 this year would give you more flexibility when you came to starting your A2's. Apart from that, your subjects seem to go together well.

But with regards to the subjects, the only one I do out of your list is Sociology (OCR), so it's the only one I can really comment on. I do Eng Lang too, but not the combined one. I'm also planning on going into Primary School Teaching.

Sociology is good... it's my cup of tea, so to speak. People seem to have this illusion that it's an 'easy' subject, but it's not by any means. Especially in my course, there's a lot of remembering that you have to do (i.e. learning the studies certain sociologists do etc.); but I find it a fun subject and have really enjoyed it so far.

Oh, and just to add - no A-level is 'easy' - they all require a lot of work!

If you'd like any more help with Sociology/anything in general, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! :smile:
hmmm thankyu...:biggrin:..and yh i do have another A LEVEL IN MIND which is HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE as i want to keepy my options open after college bacuse i might go into NHS or Teaching...i dunno yet!...therfore i kept health and social care as my 4th option.....:smile:
Reply 4
Miss Attitude
hmmm thankyu...:biggrin:..and yh i do have another A LEVEL IN MIND which is HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE as i want to keepy my options open after college bacuse i might go into NHS or Teaching...i dunno yet!...therfore i kept health and social care as my 4th option.....:smile:

What subject are you planning to specialize in when teaching?
and personally, i'd say go for English Lit. rather than the combined.
('cos i'm taking it :p: )
nah, on a serious note, i've heard that universities prefer either of the two english's seperately rather than combined.
don't know why. :s-smilie:
anyways, good luck! :yes:
i want to just go in primary school teaching which doesnt mean a specific subject buh means a little bit of everything.....and yh am still deciding on...i might do english lit....but isnt it a loaddddddddd of essay writing....?
cuz that is what i have heard lol...?????????...:biggrin:

p.s>>cuz yur taking english lit.....am NOT gnna think twice on that now...lol...:biggrin:
no, they're all :snow::snow::snow::snow:
WOAAHHHH...language....!

Latest