The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. Jesus, the amount of threads with titles like that you'd almost think clubbers were a minority.
Reply 101
I don't mind clubbing but I only go if my friends are going and it's relatively cheap, otherwise it tends to be an overpriced pointless experience most of the time. I'll have fun sometimes but in general I don't see the big deal. A few of my friends don't go clubbing, some because they're religious, others because they don't generally enjoy getting drunk and throwing up, being so close to everyone else that you could get their STI's (something like 1 in 10 people in uni have chlamydia go in to a club and that chance would probably go up exponentially) and finally going deaf from the insanely loud music which is often really crap.

Many generalisations there but in my experience clubs don't offer much if you don't plan on getting laid or drunk, there are a few good ones but they are very rare and often expensive.
Reply 102
My family owns a bunch of bars and nightclub, its not in me to party in one.
rajandkwameali
you know all young people in the UK?

And you do?
Skoji
Solid proof is required to back this statement up.

i understand how most young people think/view life.
I swear this thread has been done like a billion times, whats the preoccupation with clubbing and how it makes people think of you???
Of course people who don't go clubbing are weird- at least to me anyway.
I do, however, think you should at try clubbing before forming an opinion about it.

I do go clubbing, but only on student nights and cheap drink nights, and never on the weekends because it's far too expensive and crowded. I can't say it's the best thing ever, but it's entertaining enough and I usually have a good time, unless there happens to be a high ratio of idiots, like there was the last time.
I used to love clubbing and would be out probably at least 4/5 nights a week. I suppose I went clubbing sooo much I got bored of it in the end! I rarely go clubbing anymore. It was the same thing every night, and I spent virtually all the money I was earning through work on drinks etc and that also got very boring! Something happened most times I went clubbing...(i.e. not good things!) I don't mind going to the pub every now and then (like others have said, you can actually have a conversation there and not spend the whole night shouting, unable to speak the next day!) but to be honest, my car costs way too much and I'd rather spend money on other things now.

I suppose most people are deemed "weird" though because of our culture if you're not out every night of the week getting smashed!
shmuxel
What's wrong with that! Some people might actually want to do well and aim for that first honours or second-upper (1/2:1)

Nothing wrong with it. I'm just not gonna get along with those people. I want to do well, but I believe you need balance between work and play.
bete noire
I swear this thread has been done like a billion times, whats the preoccupation with clubbing and how it makes people think of you???

Because social norms say so.
rajandkwameali
Because social norms say so.

That doesn't even make sense in context of what I'd just said, and even then that's not true at all.
It is true that most young people go clubbing and look down on people who don't. I don't, but most do.
Most young people go clubbing? yeah i guess so....maybe not most.
Most young people look down on those who don't? No, not true.
Reply 113
Clubs are crap only good for getting pussy but still the noise, fights, smells, crowds, troublemakers makes that not even a worthwhile venture

Well I dont like crowds and prefer to listen to music on my own

House parties are sometimes good if you know a few folk already there..or if its with your friends
Reply 114
And if you base your life on what all people think about what you do with it you gonna have a crap life

Just do what you enjoy and dont do what you dont enjoy that way youll live a happier life

I like going to my mates for drinks and stuff but when they head up the town i either go with them and leave after 1hr or just go home

Tbh Id rather go to the zoo than go to a nightclub...In fact Ive not been to the zoo for ages..I might actually go there soon...though I dont know which has more strange animals?
Reply 115
Oh yeh and becaue im young and I guess in shape/decent looking etc.. most people assume I go clubbing/party all the time etc..its pretty ironic anytime I meet people they always expect that I been out at weekend and had loads of pussy..asking me what I been up to

Im just like well na I just watched a dvd, got a kebab and played some call of duty online with my mates...pretty 'sad'...but I enjoyed it
I personally have zero interest in clubbing. Between the music, the booze and the people... Waste of time and money. The enjoyment factor (personally speaking) is nil. I'd much rather go see a film I'll enjoy and remember in the morning.

But each to their own.

Latest