The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
"somehow we will make it because that is what we do"
'Everybody Lies' (woo house!)
Reply 142
T A
This could be from a song, a book, a film, or someone as great as mahatma ghandi..

so what's yours?

Reason i ask if because my college is doing a yearbook quote and i havn't picked mine yet, I was thinking of going with 'all that is gold does not glitter..' but i wanted something more personal!

I love the shawshank quote 'I hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope'

And the lyric 'Get outta my dreams, Get into my car'

If anyone has any nice quotes they want to share with me that would be awesome :smile: I'm really stuck!

Also OP you've misquoted. It should be "All that glisters is not gold"
Reply 143
I dreamed a dream...
Reply 144
If you like it then you shouldn't put a ring on it...

Cuz this is Thriller...

Heal the world, makie it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race...

In my heart, I feel you are all my brothers...

:biggrin:
Reply 145
Also, one to add onto my earlier list:
'Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.' - Australia.
Reply 146
A teacher affects eternity:
he can never tell where his influence stops.
Reply 147
I can't think of anything right now. Nothing really sticks in my mind. How about just an idea?

"You can lose everything. But never lose your integrity."
"Competition is a good thing. Its a chance to crush people."
Reply 149
Its not about not being scarred. Its about being scarred and doing it anyway. That’s bravery!

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”
From A Cinderella Story: 'Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game'.
"I killed a man, a man who looked like me."
Reply 152
"People want personalities and i don't want to be a personality, i want to be myself" - Paul Weller

"Never apologise for who you are" - Joel Madden

Latest