Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

QMUL Chat Mk II

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    Lol, you should so learn how to cook Indian food! Elsewise when people ask you you'll give explanations like Little Miss Green Dessert.

Hmm, I don't earn enough to be saving, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:ninja:
    I won't, I'll say just say go google it and leave me alone!

Lol, I'm going to try and put away at least £100 a month, thinking of opening one of those e-savings accounts and an ISA. My money is just sitting there doing **** all at the moment.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    I won't, I'll say just say go google it and leave me alone!

Lol, I'm going to try and put away at least £100 a month, thinking of opening one of those e-savings accounts and an ISA. My money is just sitting there doing **** all at the moment.
    Heh I suppose that's the a more direct approach to it! Pretty much what my mum does to me when I ask her about indian food, thankfully my aunts are slightly better at it.

My money jsut seems to disappear and I have nothing to show for it. I haven't even had a decent holiday in ages. I need to go 'home' for a couple of weeks and just soak up some energy.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Heh I suppose that's the a more direct approach to it! Pretty much what my mum does to me when I ask her about indian food, thankfully my aunts are slightly better at it.

My money jsut seems to disappear and I have nothing to show for it. I haven't even had a decent holiday in ages. I need to go 'home' for a couple of weeks and just soak up some energy.
    What do you class as a decent holiday? I know I wouldn't call spending 4 weeks in India a decent holiday

Bah, I'm working till 10pm on a Sunday Kill me now.
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    On TSR at work, or you've not headed in yet? A decent holiday is just any holiday that I can relax and recharge on. Any holiday that my other half doesn't feel has to be filled with endless activities. Sometimes it'd be nice to wake up late, stroll around town, have something to eat and go back to the hotel room. Visiting this that and the other, whilst enriching, isn't necessarily relaxing ifthere's such a rigid timetable that I can't even stop to tie my laces.:no:

So in summary, a proper holiday is jsut anything that involves me being lazy abroad for at least thirty per cent of the time!

We're planning a trip to india, that should be fun and games!
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    On TSR at work, or you've not headed in yet? A decent holiday is just any holiday that I can relax and recharge on. Any holiday that my other half doesn't feel has to be filled with endless activities. Sometimes it'd be nice to wake up late, stroll around town, have something to eat and go back to the hotel room. Visiting this that and the other, whilst enriching, isn't necessarily relaxing ifthere's such a rigid timetable that I can't even stop to tie my laces.:no:

So in summary, a proper holiday is jsut anything that involves me being lazy abroad for at least thirty per cent of the time!

We're planning a trip to india, that should be fun and games!
    Not headed in yet when I wrote that. Heh, even worse tomorrow 7pm-11pm :nothing:

You should come on holiday with meeeeeeeeeee then it'll be all fun and laziness
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    Not headed in yet when I wrote that. Heh, even worse tomorrow 7pm-11pm :nothing:

You should come on holiday with meeeeeeeeeee then it'll be all fun and laziness
    Sounds a treat!

Hmm, I'm sure I'm supposed to be working tomorrow, but they haven't send me a reminder message. I think I'll go in anyway and just insist they pay me.:yes: Working tomorrow?
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a treat!

Hmm, I'm sure I'm supposed to be working tomorrow, but they haven't send me a reminder message. I think I'll go in anyway and just insist they pay me.:yes: Working tomorrow?
    Yup, another late one... What hours were you meant to do today then?

I know right? I'm planning on going somewhere in June, I don't care where or with who... I just need a mini break!
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    Yup, another late one... What hours were you meant to do today then?

I know right? I'm planning on going somewhere in June, I don't care where or with who... I just need a mini break!
    Heh, I did 08:00-20:30, I wont miss those long days at all!

Why June in particular eh?
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I did 08:00-20:30, I wont miss those long days at all!

Why June in particular eh?
    I booked time of work for then

Yikes I hated those shifts, you have my sympathies. :console:
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Project choices for 3rd year were due yesterday via Fogg postbox. I'm resitting 2nd year out of attendance, and only by chance decided to check today on the website when these were due. And realised **** I'M A DAY LATE. Do you think they'll still consider me instead of automatically submitting me for the rubbishy investigative project of only 15 credits? I've emailed my tutor, the guy in charge and the admin lady

PANICCCCC! :'(
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone tell me if uni is open tomorrow because of Easter Monday or am I being stupid??
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icapturethecastle)
    Project choices for 3rd year were due yesterday via Fogg postbox. I'm resitting 2nd year out of attendance, and only by chance decided to check today on the website when these were due. And realised **** I'M A DAY LATE. Do you think they'll still consider me instead of automatically submitting me for the rubbishy investigative project of only 15 credits? I've emailed my tutor, the guy in charge and the admin lady

PANICCCCC! :'(
    Good luck but Pickersgill seemed quite strict on it :/
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future Doc)
    Good luck but Pickersgill seemed quite strict on it :/
    I did email him, his reply was:

I imagine we shall be able to accommodate your request, but it will
    depend ultimately on demand for Project Skills in the Life Sciences.
    We will be in touch when the allocations have been made.

Doesn't sound too bad, right?

(I explained my circumstances to him etc. in the previous email)
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we find out whether or not our selections were successful?
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Does anyone know when we find out whether or not our selections were successful?
    Not sure. Looks like they post the list on the SBCS website.
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    sup guys, thought i'd just ask how's revision going? any first years posting especially, please introduce yourselves!
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracy)
    *Grab*
    Our last general council meeting:

"GCM 'Should BLSA Continue to be Areligious and Non-political?"

Apparently certain groups are trying to pass a motion to allow political and religious societies to be made at BLSA and push the university to take a stance on certain issues.

Thoughts? This is going to be one of the only GCMs that I'll be quite vocal I think.
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Our last general council meeting:

"GCM 'Should BLSA Continue to be Areligious and Non-political?"

Apparently certain groups are trying to pass a motion to allow political and religious societies to be made at BLSA and push the university to take a stance on certain issues.

Thoughts? This is going to be one of the only GCMs that I'll be quite vocal I think.
    Wow, who are these groups? I would say try your best to avoid this at all costs, unless you want stuff like this to happen at BL.

It was really only a matter of time...I assume the loonies over at Mile End seem are increasing their influence in Whitechapel?

When is the meeting?
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Wow, who are these groups? I would say try your best to avoid this at all costs, unless you want stuff like this to happen at BL.

It was really only a matter of time...I assume the loonies over at Mile End seem are increasing their influence in Whitechapel?

When is the meeting?
    If I believe what is going around on the facebook invite thing then yes, it is something to do with the increasing influence QM has had over here as of late. I'm strongly against it and will certainly be going. I can see no benefit to these groups. If they want to breed fundamentalists and have lunatics run amok then keep it over in QM, I do not want it over here.

It's on Thursday the 26th at 7.30 in Whitechapel, exact venue is currently undecided.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    If I believe what is going around on the facebook invite thing then yes, it is something to do with the increasing influence QM has over here as of late.

It's on Thursday the 26th at 7.30 in Whitechapel, exact venue is currently undecided.
    If nothing else, do mention the above incident which happened at QMUL.

It would be a real shame if some impressionable first year came under the influence of some weirdos, acted inappropriately and got *******ed by FtP. It's a real shame anywhere, but I think I'm right in saying that the consequences would be more severe for a SMD student.

I know some of the staff are also supportive of the secular nature of the association, perhaps get them to weigh in?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2014
2015 general election
New on TSR

Loved by Students

Our big survey results unveiled

Article updates
  • 0 new posts
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.