Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

QMUL Chat Mk II

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had my last ever lecture here. Inadvertently made myself look like a massive racist. Woops...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    No, I found that funny

I was also referring to colleagues too... but more the teasing kind, I was there for less than an hour before the banter began again... :shifty:

Yes, preferably out of the country! Want to come with?
    I will gross you out if it's the last thing I do!

Ah, the banter can get a bit too much sometimes, kick their shins!

Where will we escape to?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Just had my last ever lecture here. Inadvertently made myself look like a massive racist. Woops...
    Racism is in fashion.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finishing in style I see :cool: Congrats, now just do the exams and you're done
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Finishing in style I see :cool: Congrats, now just do the exams and you're done
    Haha, I've got two essays to do over easter. One on childrens books and the other on Marquis de Sade. Tell me my degree isn't varied! All over 28th May... Then moving onto a new university ;D
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    I will gross you out if it's the last thing I do!

Ah, the banter can get a bit too much sometimes, kick their shins!

Where will we escape to?
    Oh, I aim the bobbles at their faces Might need to use something sharper though.

Malaysia, then we can find out why they make their deserts green! (But really we should escape, even if its just as far as Europe )
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I've got two essays to do over easter. One on childrens books and the other on Marquis de Sade. Tell me my degree isn't varied! All over 28th May... Then moving onto a new university ;D
    UEL right? Congrats again

I think once you're done, all the people from the original QMUL Chat will have graduated and finished with QM :o:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    Oh, I aim the bobbles at their faces Might need to use something sharper though.

Malaysia, then we can find out why they make their deserts green! (But really we should escape, even if its just as far as Europe )
    The green desserts were a bit peculiar...and the explanation about them were even more strange! 'Some people make it differently:s' Hmph, my mum just got back from Paris yesterday, but I couldn't go with her, I do love that city in the sunshine!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    UEL right? Congrats again

I think once you're done, all the people from the original QMUL Chat will have graduated and finished with QM :o:
    I'm thinking about going back for a particular PhD, I might stick in an application, but it doesn't really fit in with my 'plan'.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eeeep no lectures for a year!
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Eeeep no lectures for a year!
    I don't get it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The green desserts were a bit peculiar...and the explanation about them were even more strange! 'Some people make it differently:s' Hmph, my mum just got back from Paris yesterday, but I couldn't go with her, I do love that city in the sunshine!
    I know, she should have just said she didn't know. I would've accepted that answer! Actually, now I'm wondering why is biryani rice yellow...

Hmm, I actually want to go to Portugal, weather seems to be decent most of the time there.

Heh, I bought a playsuit for £12 when it was originally £50, and its nice that I can fit into extra small
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    I know, she should have just said she didn't know. I would've accepted that answer! Actually, now I'm wondering why is biryani rice yellow...

Hmm, I actually want to go to Portugal, weather seems to be decent most of the time there.

Heh, I bought a playsuit for £12 when it was originally £50, and its nice that I can fit into extra small
    I'd imagine the yellow is due to turmeric and/or saffron. Bloodu turmeric, every time I make patties I have yellow fingers for an age.

I've not visited anywhere in Portugal as it happens, my dear other half keeps trying to prod me in that direction but we always end up going elsewhere.

I need to do some shopping, but then I should also save some money as I had actually planned to do this year. Eep, I think I'll use the excuse of not being in uniform anymore to treat myself.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine the yellow is due to turmeric and/or saffron. Bloodu turmeric, every time I make patties I have yellow fingers for an age.

I've not visited anywhere in Portugal as it happens, my dear other half keeps trying to prod me in that direction but we always end up going elsewhere.

I need to do some shopping, but then I should also save some money as I had actually planned to do this year. Eep, I think I'll use the excuse of not being in uniform anymore to treat myself.
    I have no idea what my mum puts in :lol: might be the turmeric...

I should be saving too, really should open another account and just transfer the money there, and make sure its not easy to spend it! But I can help you shop :teeth:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    I have no idea what my mum puts in :lol: might be the turmeric...

I should be saving too, really should open another account and just transfer the money there, and make sure its not easy to spend it! But I can help you shop :teeth:
    Lol, you should so learn how to cook Indian food! Elsewise when people ask you you'll give explanations like Little Miss Green Dessert.

Hmm, I don't earn enough to be saving, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:ninja:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you should so learn how to cook Indian food! Elsewise when people ask you you'll give explanations like Little Miss Green Dessert.

Hmm, I don't earn enough to be saving, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:ninja:
    I won't, I'll say just say go google it and leave me alone!

Lol, I'm going to try and put away at least £100 a month, thinking of opening one of those e-savings accounts and an ISA. My money is just sitting there doing **** all at the moment.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    I won't, I'll say just say go google it and leave me alone!

Lol, I'm going to try and put away at least £100 a month, thinking of opening one of those e-savings accounts and an ISA. My money is just sitting there doing **** all at the moment.
    Heh I suppose that's the a more direct approach to it! Pretty much what my mum does to me when I ask her about indian food, thankfully my aunts are slightly better at it.

My money jsut seems to disappear and I have nothing to show for it. I haven't even had a decent holiday in ages. I need to go 'home' for a couple of weeks and just soak up some energy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heh I suppose that's the a more direct approach to it! Pretty much what my mum does to me when I ask her about indian food, thankfully my aunts are slightly better at it.

My money jsut seems to disappear and I have nothing to show for it. I haven't even had a decent holiday in ages. I need to go 'home' for a couple of weeks and just soak up some energy.
    What do you class as a decent holiday? I know I wouldn't call spending 4 weeks in India a decent holiday

Bah, I'm working till 10pm on a Sunday Kill me now.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    On TSR at work, or you've not headed in yet? A decent holiday is just any holiday that I can relax and recharge on. Any holiday that my other half doesn't feel has to be filled with endless activities. Sometimes it'd be nice to wake up late, stroll around town, have something to eat and go back to the hotel room. Visiting this that and the other, whilst enriching, isn't necessarily relaxing ifthere's such a rigid timetable that I can't even stop to tie my laces.:no:

So in summary, a proper holiday is jsut anything that involves me being lazy abroad for at least thirty per cent of the time!

We're planning a trip to india, that should be fun and games!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    On TSR at work, or you've not headed in yet? A decent holiday is just any holiday that I can relax and recharge on. Any holiday that my other half doesn't feel has to be filled with endless activities. Sometimes it'd be nice to wake up late, stroll around town, have something to eat and go back to the hotel room. Visiting this that and the other, whilst enriching, isn't necessarily relaxing ifthere's such a rigid timetable that I can't even stop to tie my laces.:no:

So in summary, a proper holiday is jsut anything that involves me being lazy abroad for at least thirty per cent of the time!

We're planning a trip to india, that should be fun and games!
    Not headed in yet when I wrote that. Heh, even worse tomorrow 7pm-11pm :nothing:

You should come on holiday with meeeeeeeeeee then it'll be all fun and laziness

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2014
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.