The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Jane
anyone heard anything from edinburgh or warwick yet? i got my ucas form in early and so am thinking i may get rejected cos im an oxford candidate but have got offers from york, manchester and durham and am getting bored of waiting....!! or is it like LSE, where hearing anything before jan is a bad sign? (ive applied for econ/pol at edin and PPE at warwick btw)

No i know Warwick don't do things like that..they seem to be quiet flexible...i think its only the big london ones(specially LSE) that can be mean to oxbridge candidates...don't worry u be fine with Ed.Warwick
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Warwick seem to have given out lots of Maths offers recently.
Reply 3
fishpaste
Warwick seem to have given out lots of Maths offers recently.

LoL u r abseloutly right. Warwick's maths dep. doen't reject anyone...they make offers to all their applicants if u could acheive the grades they want then ur in. Thats their policy. so each yr they make over 1000 offers and they take around 250-300 of them...Which is why i applied there :biggrin:
Reply 4
HamaL
LoL u r abseloutly right. Warwick's maths dep. doen't reject anyone...they make offers to all their applicants if u could acheive the grades they want then ur in. Thats their policy. so each yr they make over 1000 offers and they take around 250-300 of them...Which is why i applied there :biggrin:

Aww, here's me thinking they wanted me :frown: :P
Reply 5
Jane
anyone heard anything from edinburgh or warwick yet? i got my ucas form in early and so am thinking i may get rejected cos im an oxford candidate but have got offers from york, manchester and durham and am getting bored of waiting....!! or is it like LSE, where hearing anything before jan is a bad sign? (ive applied for econ/pol at edin and PPE at warwick btw)

I've not heard anything from Edinburgh either, I applied for econ/geog. My application was processed on the 15th Oct (but I'm not an oxbridge applicant) so it's been quite a while, I've heard from my other 5 choices.
Reply 6
I'm waiting for Edinburgh too -and nothing heard yet. I've heard from 4 of them now. But not that one or Canterbury Christ Church.
Reply 7
Got my offer for Biochem from Warwick in October. BBB and B at AS, which I think is pretty standard for that course :smile:
Reply 8
i've had an offer from warwick for psychology but have not yet heard from york. i think its all quite random! i also got my application in before the oxbridge deadline and warwick have still offered me a place. i wouldnt worry about it.
Reply 9
I am waiting on Edinburgh for Economics, and I sent my Ucas of in October, I think I am going to give them a ring in the new year.
Reply 10
I heard from Edinburgh last week, but in an email.
Reply 11
i still havent heard from warwick
Reply 12
I applied for History at Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Newcastle and Sheffield and my application was processed 27th Oct. I've still only heard from Newcastle and Sheffield with offers and this is post a level.................. should I be worried?
Reply 13
I applied for History and I've only heard from two uni's (Royal Holloway and Oxford) as of yet, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I heard from warwick pretty quickly (they asked me to come to an open day before making an offer) and the offer came through a couple of weeks ago. ABB for engineering - it's usually different times for different courses though, so I shouldn't worry.
Reply 15
I heard warwick do not like ppl who apply to oxford as they r seen as a second choice. My sister got rejected from warwick probably cus she was an oxford applicant and the same thing happened to a guy the next year. Im applying for industrial economics and have got all my other offers. Has anybody else got any offers
Reply 16
Fira
I heard warwick do not like ppl who apply to oxford as they r seen as a second choice. My sister got rejected from warwick probably cus she was an oxford applicant and the same thing happened to a guy the next year. Im applying for industrial economics and have got all my other offers. Has anybody else got any offers

i applied to oxford and got an offer for industrial eco....maybe u havent got one coz u are a retard....
Reply 17
I applied to both edinburugh and warwick for Comp Sci.
I've had offers through from both so far. They came through pretty quickly as well (edinburugh was my first offer). I'm also a cambridge applicant.
Reply 18
La_la_la
I applied for History at Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Newcastle and Sheffield and my application was processed 27th Oct. I've still only heard from Newcastle and Sheffield with offers and this is post a level.................. should I be worried?

I'm also a post A level candidate applying for History courses, and naively thought the offers would come flooding in (also applied early for Oxbridge deadline). To date, I've had three offers from two unis - history and ancient history at Exeter, medieval and ancient history and medieval english and history at Birmingham. Things seem to be rather slow this year for some reason, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 19
Thanx... that's made me feel a little better even though you've heard from Birmingham who I am waiting to hear from!! (maybe they're not too keen as last year i put them as my second choice )

Latest