The Student Room Group

Packaging

you know like when you buy electrical goods, nothing big, like headphones or something, and its packaged in that hard plastic thing - why on earth do they do that? do they want to make it hard for us to open it or something?do they want us not to open it, to just put it up high on a shelve an looj at it in awe? I spent like a good 20mins or so trying to open it, ending up wripping it apart completely. if you haven't got scissors lying around, its literally impossible to open it.
Reply 1
Prokaryotic_crap
you know like when you buy electrical goods, nothing big, like headphones or something, and its packaged in that hard plastic thing - why on earth do they do that? do they want to make it hard for us to open it or something?do they want us not to open it, to just put it up high on a shelve an looj at it in awe? I spent like a good 20mins or so trying to open it, ending up wripping it apart completely. if you haven't got scissors lying around, its literally impossible to open it.

This also annoys me!!. Then when you finally do manage to get the packaging open, more often than not, its almost razor sharp!.:mad:
why do you think? to stop people from stealing said item of course. and i would say that 99.9999999999999999% of people will have some scissors at home.
The-Wi$e-One
why do you think? to stop people from stealing said item of course. and i would say that 99.9999999999999999% of people will have some scissors at home.

This just wait till you get home to open it
Reply 4
I always scratch or cut myself on that plastic wen im openin it :indiff:
Reply 5
Annie72
This also annoys me!!. Then when you finally do manage to get the packaging open, more often than not, its almost razor sharp!.:mad:

I know! I've had injuries from opening them... I've seen injuries where people have tried to open them with sharp knives :s-smilie:
Maybe the packaging company have a sideline business in bandages and first aid equipment?
Reply 6
Even toothbrush packaging is awkward enough
i cut through the wires of my 360 headset whilst opening its packaging. it didn't work. i was disappointed. :colonhash:
Headphones are the worst because I like to use them as soon as I buy them. I'll end up spending 30 mins just chewing the packaging and making no progress.
Because it weeds out the weak and prevents thievery.

Latest