The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Lol @ how off-track this thread is. I clicked on page 1, then page 11, and the topic is completely different!

Anyhu. Somalia is :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: up. My uncle went there for 10 days, and he said that in those 10 days, the fighting didnt stop for a moment. The militant groups were fighting aimlessly, firing at anything and everything. He sounded gutted, and I guess it's understandable. He was there when it was safe/well, and now the place is hardly recognizable.
Reply 281
Tut.exe
A couple of countries oppress and torture its citizens regardless of whether or not they're supported by America... And talking about infringing on the civil liberties citizens, isnt the middle east quite popular on that anyway? China is there too, but thats another topic. And you wouldnt want to arrest thousands of europeans, unless they're suspected of being a terrorist, otherwise its just pointless paying for the prison maintenance...

Yes the middle East is bad. Its ruled by tyrants, puppets, idiots, oppressors, dictators.

My favourite part... Invasion... if you're talking about Israel 'invading' what is now... 'Israel'... Well that issue is kinda difficult... Coz you see... they got their own point of view of claiming the land, and theres the Palestine who has also their point of view... that the land is theres... Both saying that our grandfather was here before, so we deserve to own it. Both are fools, childish, and immature... Reminds me when I a little boy, when i smacked my brother because 'I was here first'... But that was me when I was a little boy... Now what I'm saying is, if either side cant grow up... then none of them really deserves anything... It's only that Israel had the upper hand.

I was talking about Afghanistan.

Oh so you know, one of the reasons why the 'west' supports israel... Is because israel apparently is the 'last bastion' of democracy in the middle east. And they dont go on about calling for the west to be obliterated because they dont believe and God says so. Palestine whouldve been aided a long time ago, if not for the dick leader who threatens the very nations that has the ability to aid them.

Its not about that at all.

Other countries are supported by America and the West. Pakistan, Syria, Egypt, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and others. All these countries are obedient and supportive, they support America and America supports them. Its national armies fight alongside American forces or on behalf of them and definitely hardly acting against their interests. The West openly declares its support of Israel but it still supports most of the other Middle Eastern countries and they support them but they don't make it known.

Thst isn't an excuse for supporting Israel. The West would support them initially for that reason but when you see what they do that reason no longer stands up. Where is the democratic good will to the Palestinians. Where are there rights. Or is it certain rights are allowed for our citizens but for others its either obedience to us with exploitation or exploitation and destruction.

Palestine would never have been aided and never will because the allegiance is to Israel. That means no allegiance to Palestine. And we've seen that allegiance is immovable regardless of Israels actions. It shows that the true colours and the approach of this international alliance is carrying out its will at any cost. They fight for democracy (more accurately tell their populatiosn that they do) or for the symbol of democracy, so you fight for peace but in reality it isn't peaceful because it relies on exploiting one group for the benefit of another, it doesn't seek to help others, you will never have peace with it unless it kills almost everyone. It doesn't create peace because it creates anger and destruction everywhere it goes. It says the enemy seeks to impose itself, while it does so itself. Its great talent is that it hides the true nature of things.
Reply 282
roots
Yes the middle East is bad. Its ruled by tyrants, puppets, idiots, oppressors, dictators.

I was talking about Afghanistan.

Its not about that at all.

Other countries are supported by America and the West. Pakistan, Syria, Egypt, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and others. All these countries are obedient and supportive, they support America and America supports them. Its national armies fight alongside American forces or on behalf of them and definitely hardly acting against their interests. The West openly declares its support of Israel but it still supports most of the other Middle Eastern countries and they support them but they don't make it known.

Thst isn't an excuse for supporting Israel. The West would support them initially for that reason but when you see what they do that reason no longer stands up. Where is the democratic good will to the Palestinians. Where are there rights. Or is it certain rights are allowed for our citizens but for others its either obedience to us with exploitation or exploitation and destruction.

Palestine would never have been aided and never will because the allegiance is to Israel. That means no allegiance to Palestine. And we've seen that allegiance is immovable regardless of Israels actions. It shows that the true colours and the approach of this international alliance is carrying out its will at any cost. They fight for democracy (more accurately tell their populatiosn that they do) or for the symbol of democracy, so you fight for peace but in reality it isn't peaceful because it relies on exploiting one group for the benefit of another, it doesn't seek to help others, you will never have peace with it unless it kills almost everyone. It doesn't create peace because it creates anger and destruction everywhere it goes. It says the enemy seeks to impose itself, while it does so itself. Its great talent is that it hides the true nature of things.

Well if you put it that way... It's like you and me... You come to someone, be his friend... But you're only his friend because you share the same interest, and you help him coz deep inside your mind tells you that one day you might need his help, or some other interest... maybe because if you went together you both become a bit better of on doing something....
War cant be peaceful simply because people arent willing to let go... or compromise... or sometimes, they just cant afford to. But whilst you're saying is true, fighting for peace is worth the fight... Because after all it's quite beneficial... So you dont have to worry about what you built being destroyed... But the US government tries to shoot a couple of birds with 1 stone... so they got more reasons on what they do.
Reply 283
RamocitoMorales
USA + Somalia = Black Hawk Down.

Except this time the US have resorted to cowardice and are bombing them with drones.

Do you know what a drone is? How is it cowardice to use what weapons you have instead of putting men on the ground. You're damn right if I've got an ac-130 in the air I'm gonna lite your :snow::snow::snow::snow: up instead of sending men in on the ground .
Reply 284
roots
Terrorist is an empty word. Used by one side to villify the other and gain the support of its population. Are you that stupid that you fall for it? Ask the Afghan farmer who the terrorist is and he'll say its the man invading his land, dropping cluster bombs. Ask the Palestinian child and he'll say the Israeli. Ask the Iraqi and he'll say the invaders.

Maybe America should try not to flood the region with arms, or try to encourage other countries to invade on its behalf. All the Americans do is further destabilise. They see chaos so they see an opportunity to create absolute chaos. They talk about establishing democracy in these areas. Thats another lie to gain your support. America don't really want stable Governments they prefer despotic, oppressive and corrupt regimes who obey there demands. Stopping oppression? More like adding to it and letting it continue.

Yes we spend billions to destabilize a country that is so beneficial to us.
Reply 285
RamocitoMorales
You...are...British!

No disrespect to any other British people out there, but this one had it coming. The British are the scourge of the world, they have committed genocide and mass murder on every corner of the world. They wiped out nations histories and cultures and spread their own language and religion across everyone and forced it on them. The British are at the root of every bad thing in this world.

The Turkish empire on the other hand let people speak whichever language they wanted, and let people pray and worship whichever religion they wanted. Maybe that was our downfall, we weren't as evil as the British.

So don't talk to me about mass murders....British!

The British Empire was awesome :awesome:

And I'm not British.
Reply 286
RamocitoMorales
Yes, the England was the "Church of England" empire, if such a thing exist. :facepalm:

But you are denying the Ottoman Caliphate :facepalm2:

Also referred to as Protestantism, one of the three main groupings within Christianity.
Reply 287
RamocitoMorales
So going to Africa and wiping out entire cultures isn't classed as "genocide" for some strange reason. So that makes it alright, even though it was on a far larger and grander scale than the Armenian event.

Examples?

RamocitoMorales

The British are the scourge of the world....fact! Even the Israel Palestine problem was caused by them.

:p:
Reply 288
MJlover
Unless ofcourse you mean paying taxes to the british gov?

The British Government are not terrorists, your deluded. I find it funny you say the British Government are involved in terrorism yet you wear the British flag on your profile.

Somalia has done nothing but harbour terrorists and take people hostage using piracy. About time someone done something. It's a shame civilians die but that is the nature of war.
MJlover
Human lives? You disgust me.

From my admittedly distant observations of conditions in Somalia, respect for human life isn't exactly an abundant philosophy.

The president of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan currently support bombing of their countries, but they hapen to get big fat aid checks from occupying countries, that'll shut em up.

And it has nothing to do with the foreign militant run insurgencies and terrorist attacks on their people that may be pushing them to invite western military and economic aid so that they don't have to bury dead from yet another volleyball game or whatever that was bombed?

Right? :rolleyes:

I am somalian.

I'm half German, doesn't mean I need to or even remotely want to associate with Hitler and German Fascism.

Its like when Chinese immigrants protested against protests in their host countries against the Chinese regimes human rights violations, it absolutely and beyond all logic made no sense.

But that is okay, because why worry about Somalia being an anarchic cesspit of organized crime, religious fundamentalism, chaos and petty warlordism with a sprinkling of pointless tribal hostility without a government or real economy when there are US drones/planes bombing terrorists and criminals?

Forget the home grown and foreign militant led plague of killing, torture and rape, there are a few collateral casualties from US bombings to fume about. :yep:

RamocitoMorales
The Turkish empire on the other hand let people speak whichever language they wanted, and let people pray and worship whichever religion they wanted. Maybe that was our downfall, we weren't as evil as the British.

That'll be why the Armenians and Kurds and Greeks are happy with the Turks, or why the Ottoman empire fell apart due to widespread rebellion.

I probably shouldn't have responded to you, you're well aware your post was utter nonsense but oh well.

Likewise its generally regarded as poor logic to make sweeping generalizations with such black and white statements as "Some Britons were evil by my definition of the term hence all Britons and their very country is evil, the land itself smells of wickedness and the people have no souls to redeem, ect, ect".

Latest

Trending

Trending