The Student Room Group

Notts Interview Help please =)

Hi All!
I have applied to Notts to do the 6 year Vet Med course (Preliminary Year of Vet Science and Medicine), as I did not do Chem, don't ask!? :s-smilie:
I was just wondering if current Notts students had any advice about the interview process and the two extra componenets (practical aptitude and teamwork assessment)?
Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated - slightly nervous as with no Chem I can only apply to Notts and Bristol which means my chances are even slimmer than usual! :frown:
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Hi...

I'm afraid you won't get much help/advice about what to expect for an interview at Nottm. They specifically ask/tell people not to inform interviewees (is that even a word!?!) what the interview involves. :smile:

The practical assessment and teamwork sections are meant to look at you as a person and how you are...rather than your actual 'knowledge', so don't worry too much about them.

And for the actual interview, just do whatever prep you feel you should for a normal interview! :smile:
Reply 2
Hi there
As kookaburra said, really isn't much that we can say about the interviews, there is a little bit of advice on the website which you can look up (it's under the 'Admissions Process' section), but apart from that, try not to worry - they're not designed to catch you out or anything, they just want to see what you're like in practical and team working situations - so it kind of defeats the point if you have an idea of what to expect! Just be yourself, there's really not any kind of preparation you can do, otherwise they'd have given you advice on it. Good luck!

PS have you thought about going back to do the chemistry a level to widen your options?
Reply 3
Hey Guys!
Thanks for the quick reply :smile:
I will do you as you suggest and just prepare lots - only thing you can do I guess. And as they say if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.
I have thought about going back and doing the extra year in Chem... I suppose I will do that if everything doesn't work out this year. :confused:
But I liked the sound of this course so I just thought that I would give it a shot (nothing to loose), and plus Notts is a brill Uni.
Hopefully the interview will go well, thanks again for your advice and quick reply.
Good Luck with your interviews/studies!
Tash :smile:
Hello Tash_3010

the only advice I can give you is to go in there and show them what you've got :smile: They are not there to trip you up ( as VL86 said) - just relax, smile and show willing with what ever you are asked/ told to do. Be enthusiastic and enjoy yourself- that's all you can do.

oh and our cakes are amazing- definately worth a try imo- just get there quick or you'll only be left with a token Ginger nut :p:
Reply 5
Future African game vet

oh and our cakes are amazing- definitely worth a try imo- just get there quick or you'll only be left with a token Ginger nut :p:

I missed the cakes at my interviews!! I was too nervous to eat beforehand, and by the time I'd finished being interviewed they'd gone! :eek:

So the best advice I can give... make sure you get in there early with the cakes... :wink:
VL86
I missed the cakes at my interviews!! I was too nervous to eat beforehand, and by the time I'd finished being interviewed they'd gone! :eek:

So the best advice I can give... make sure you get in there early with the cakes... :wink:

hehe yes- as soon as you get there sneak one into your bag for later- just so that you know for definate you have one- oh- and us Vet students might be on the prowl for cake too so guard it with your life :p: (hehe- just kidding :wink: )
Reply 7
Oooo I'm well excitied for the cakes now! I'll definately make sure I'm early to grab one =P
Again thanks for the advice, although you can't tell me much I feel much more chilled now! =D
glad to be of some help :smile:
Reply 9
Hey :smile:
I know you can't say what we're going to have to do and everything but are you allowed to suggest what I should wear?
With the live animal handling and practical I'm worried my dress and jacket might be a bad idea...
:confused:
Reply 10
gingerbex
Hey :smile:
I know you can't say what we're going to have to do and everything but are you allowed to suggest what I should wear?
With the live animal handling and practical I'm worried my dress and jacket might be a bad idea...
:confused:

I don't think a dress would be a good idea. Smart trousers and a smart top is generally good. Apparently, you get given labcoats for the practical stuff, I think someone said that anyway.
Reply 11
Smart and sensible really, as with any interview. You will be given any protective clothing that you need on the day. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending