The Student Room Group

Are there any openly homo/bisexual teachers at your school?

Poll

Are there any openly homo/bisexual teachers at your school?

And what effect does this have on school?

This applies especially if you are a homo/bisexual school student- Do you wish there was an openly homo/bisexual teacher at your school or appreciate that they're there if there is one?

Scroll to see replies

We have gay teachers. There is no effect on lessons, because the kids who go to my school aren't :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.
Yeah, and he's an absolute legend.
Reply 3
There are some who I think are gay. But they are not open about it. Don't see why they should be, if they didn't think it was important to our education.
Reply 4
Mine normally had at least one foot in the closet, but we knew who they were. There was one who was so gay he would never have found a closet big enough, but we liked him, as he told us filthy jokes instead of teaching us, so he somehow managed to survive.
Reply 5
yeah there are two fairly openly gay teachers at my school but they don't keep going on about it or anything because there really isn't any reason to tbh? :dontknow:
No, but i have a teacher who flirts with boys *me* \o/
Reply 7
I would have appreciated having an openly gay teacher in high school. Would have made me feel more confident.
I've had plenty of teachers who were as bent as a ten bob note but none who were open about it. I guess that's what you get for going to a Catholic school in the heart of Cheshire...
Reply 9
SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay
There are teachers which you suspect but it's not something you would discuss with the teacher though.

Generally, people go there to learn...

Not hook up with gay teachers.
Reply 10
CityOfMyHeart
Yeah, and he's an absolute legend.

:ditto:
Although he is quite scary when he is angry, and if you ever dare joke about gay people ... :whip:
i assume most gay teachers are not in the closet but they probably dont discuss their relationships for the simple reason they are their to teach you, plus theres alot of immature brats in high school...

theres always some teachers with a question mark and theres rumours their gay but they probably arent in a closet, they just have a private life.
I wasn't aware of any when I was in school.

Presumably if there were, they wouldn't share it with you anyway. I didn't know the sexual orientations of most of my teachers, unless they actually talked about their partner.
Reply 13
I don't discuss my teacher's sexualities with them.
Reply 14
I'm not really sure if ny of my teachers were gay, because thankfully none of them discussed their sex lives in class.

Not sure if a teacher being openly gay would really have a positive effect on gay pupils, though. I mean, how much do people really look up to their teachers for relationship advice and stuff?
Reply 15
My music teacher in secondary school was gay. We all knew it but he never discussed it openly or anything and I don't see why he should. No effect on his teaching, he was really cool!
Considering my school was openly homophobic I doubt any of the teachers there were gay. The girl who got the best grades that our school had ever seen was cut out of the picture when sent to newspapers/magazines because she was openly gay. It was so pathetic. They also never punished anyone who was homophobic towards her or anything. I am so glad I don't believe in any religion if that's the way they want to treat people.
moomin_love
Considering my school was openly homophobic I doubt any of the teachers there were gay. The girl who got the best grades that our school had ever seen was cut out of the picture when sent to newspapers/magazines because she was openly gay. It was so pathetic. They also never punished anyone who was homophobic towards her or anything. I am so glad I don't believe in any religion if that's the way they want to treat people.

That's terrible. Where did you go to school?

And i havn't, although one of my friends had a teacher who was openly gay. No one seemed to mind and my friend used to talk to her out of college from time to time.
Long Haired Teen
That's terrible. Where did you go to school?

And i havn't, although one of my friends had a teacher who was openly gay. No one seemed to mind and my friend used to talk to her out of college from time to time.

It was a small Catholic school... I'm so glad I only went there for 2 years! Although, I did have a very good 2 years there, the backwardness of the teachers was ridiculous. They were soo incredibly strict and I got told off for a man flashing at me because it offended the Catholic teachers on the school trip. I didn't exactly ask him to flash me! I got separated from all of my friends until I rang my mum crying and then they let me go back with my friends. Ah, some of the things that school does/has done infuriates me! Haha, I know that has nothing to do with gay teachers... I'm now just having a rant about the school! lol.
There used to be one gay teacher at my school and sadly for him, it was something that was never discussed. He was open, like if anyone asked. Just the envronment of my school was such he couldn't be 'himself' ... 500 year old public school, uber conservative CoE foundation.

God he was fit too!!! I saw him in town the other night in a bar...

Latest

Trending

Trending