The Student Room Group
Reply 1
since youve specifically mentioned working in supermarkets, go on all of the main supermarket websites (e.g. Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys) and usually they have a section especially for job opportunities/careers within their company. You'll probably discover the process for applying there: sometimes you can apply online (Tescos do that, i think), for others you can search vacancies and see what you need to do to apply, ie contact numbers/addresses to get in touch with.
Reply 2
grave_dreams
i need a part- time job somewhere, probably a supermarket. Can someone talk me through the process (in detail), i have no idea what to do, as this would be my first time getting a job.
cheers.

If youre looking for a part time job, try ringing up the places directly and ask if they've got any jobs going-in my experience a lot of places dont advertise the fact that theyve got vacancies, especially part time/weekend jobs. They will probably ask you to send your CV or fill in an application form. If that is successful, they might invite you to an interview, some places do an over the phone interview first. Some places require you to do tests (eg basic maths and language) although I dont think this would apply to supermarket jobs. Alternatively you could draw up your CV and send them to your local supermarkets with a covering letter enquiring if they have any part time jobs available.
Reply 3
Try the job centre they sometimes advertise pert-time vacancies.

Latest

Trending

Trending