The Student Room Group
Reply 1
take both and drop the one you don't like the most after the first couple of weeks.
Reply 2
You should sort of have an idea of what you want to do.
Reply 3
Biology keeps your options more open, especially when you want to do medicine, biology is compulsory.
And because as far as I know, no universities says "you have to do A level economics", even for economics course.
Reply 4
Don't take biology - it's the prostitute of the sciences, it looks good but once you do it, its got you.
Reply 5
thx for the input guys =)

but is econs easy to learn? cause so far i had no interest in that subject
Reply 6
emmakh123
take both and drop the one you don't like the most after the first couple of weeks.

actually i cant do that as i can only take four subs =)
Reply 7
economics is a fairly interesting A-level but as someone else said its not crucial for any degree including economics.

if i were you i'd take further maths if at all possible. great a-level that useful for any degree, looks great on your ucas and would really set you up for an economics better than doing an economics a-level itself.

so i'd take biology and further maths...

pothguru
hi guys i'm gonna start A levels soon but i'm not sure what my 4th subject should be.

i'm undecided over biology or econs. my other 3 subs are math, physics and chemistry.

I have no idea what am i gonna do for my career yet so my options are pretty open. i'm not really into bio but it will be my first time studying econs so i'm not sure if i will be interested or not.

what should i do? help =)
Reply 8
pothguru
thx for the input guys =)

but is econs easy to learn? cause so far i had no interest in that subject

Economics is by far, imo, the most boring subject! I hate it so much, I've got my exam on the 12th of Jan and yet I haven't made a start on it. :frown:
I reckon you should go with Biology, it combines well with your other subjects, all the sciences and it is also pretty interesting.

Economics is fairly simple to get an A in (though, admittedly boring in the process). Though, Biology is much harder to revise for.

Latest