The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i'd go with psychology, its still looked upon as a pretty academic subject, which probably can't be said for health and social care unfortunately but its relative to medicine too as its looking at the way that people think etc, and depending on what exam board you do, you could end up studying some things to do with health psychology which could come in handy :smile:

and its really enjoyable, well i thought so anyway :smile:
Psychology would be the best out of those, it;s really interesting IMO and a lot of potential medics seem to choose it as their fourth option. ICT and H&SC aren't very respected from what I've gathered either.
Reply 3
I'd go for pyschology =D Health and Social isn't really respected and everyone (that i know) says ICT is a pretty dull subject for A-level, so as its not relevant to what you want to do i wouldnt bother with it =)

So yeah unless you have any other ideas id go for pyschology =D
Reply 4
ICT and Health and Social Care aren't respected. Do Psychology if you want one from that group, but pretty much any respected A Level is a good choice for medicine, eg, English Literature, Physics, History etc.
Reply 5
I'd say go for physics, AS physics is the biggest doss if you're decent at maths and do the mechanics applied module too. I finished half the AS syllabus in like... a week?
Physics is also seen as more academic than psychology too but I don't think it matters as a 4th lol
Reply 6
I wouldn't go for any of those three as none of them are exceptionally academic, and its little things like that which make all the difference on a ucas form.

If i were you i'd take a very academic subject, possibly physics as it is scientific, but if not then something such as english, history or a language would probably be more valuable than applying than Psychology/Health and Social Care/ICT as they are considered to be more academic subjects.

Latest