The Student Room Group

I ate Raw Bacon!!

Ok, I ate some Raw Bacon, I'm not sure why, I was under the impression that it was perfectly fine to eat and thought, why not! It was just one slice of smoked, but I've now heard that it can lead to parasites or some other nasty things, so, does anybody know anything about this, Med students or something?
Should I make myself sick or take laxatives to flush anything out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
make yourself sick immeadiately, using laxatives will mean that any bad bacteria and parasites will be allowed to enter the bloodstream fairly easily
Reply 2
Relax, eating raw bacon wont hurt you at all. I did it many times myself as a child and I"m still alive.:smile:
Reply 3
Reply 4
Man up, take it like a man. I eat raw chicken sometimes. Maybe the odd raw turkey on occasions.
Reply 5
Reply 6
Reply 7
Tapeworms eh... at least I'll lose weight :p:

But seriously, all of this shizz is like worse case scenario right? Especially seeing as it was smoked.
Reply 8
You should be okay. Smoked bacon is generally less dangerous.
You tit. If you start feeling ill I suggest you seek medical attention sharpish.
You'll be fine. Bacon's salted (and smoked depending on what you've bought) so chances are it'll be alright. It's not recommended, but it far from guarenteed food poisoning.

As for tape worm eggs, I think he'd notice a tapeworm cyst in his bacon, they're quite big. Usually in thicker meat like pork chops, not bacon. Toxoplasma on the other hand...
Reply 11
Did you not at any point think 'this tastes like crap' and spit it out? The texture must have been horrible...

You'll be fine.

DISCLAIMER: If you die, I am not responsible for any mis-information I may have given.
What did it taste like?
JemSevenV
Did you not at any point think 'this tastes like crap' and spit it out? The texture must have been horrible...

You'll be fine.

DISCLAIMER: If you die, I am not responsible for any mis-information I may have given.

Great disclaimer :biggrin:
Reply 14
yahweh

Is this for real?

If it was and bacon wasn't so delicious I might be put off.
Reply 15
Texture was :snow::snow::snow::snow:, but it did taste ok, just like smoked bacon would.
I'll post here if I get sick lol. But its EU pork so in theory the pigs conditions should have been good :p:
Jeppaloth
Is this for real?

Nope. Unless someone managed to swallow a snake whole.
Reply 17
Paul92
Texture was :snow::snow::snow::snow:, but it did taste ok, just like smoked bacon would.
I'll post here if I get sick lol. But its EU pork so in theory the pigs conditions should have been good :p:

In theory I shouldn't have passed my economics AS...

I guess you will be fine - it was still in date as well right?
Reply 18
Finbar21
In theory I shouldn't have passed my economics AS...

I guess you will be fine - it was still in date as well right?

Yeah, pretty fresh. Sickness and Diarrhoea I could handle, give me a chance to get some reading done :p: But something serious wouldn't be great :rolleyes:
Paul92
Ok, I ate some Raw Bacon, I'm not sure why, I was under the impression that it was perfectly fine to eat and thought, why not! It was just one slice of smoked, but I've now heard that it can lead to parasites or some other nasty things, so, does anybody know anything about this, Med students or something?
Should I make myself sick or take laxatives to flush anything out?

hahaha that is pure laziness.

Im picturing some large bloke at home on his own, feeling quite hungry, opening the fridge, seeing a packet of bacon then thinking "can i really be bothered to cook this?" "nahh, :snow::snow::snow::snow: it".....munch..............":snow::snow::snow::snow: what have i done!?"

Latest