The Student Room Group

Worlds Wife and Wise Children

Hi Guys. I'm new to this, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place :s-smilie: If it is, can someone please help me get it in the right place???
I'm doing A level English, and we're studying the worlds wife by carol ann duffy, and Wise Children by Angela Carter. Our essay is on how “Father figures and patriarchal power...are attacked, deconstructed, shown to be hollow and vulnerable in Angela Carter" and I'm not sure how to add in 3 poems from the Worlds wife. I have barely studied any of the poems, and therefore don't actually have a clue what to write....
Any help would be much appreciated :smile: xx
Reply 1
jessikah
Hi Guys. I'm new to this, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place :s-smilie: If it is, can someone please help me get it in the right place???
I'm doing A level English, and we're studying the worlds wife by carol ann duffy, and Wise Children by Angela Carter. Our essay is on how “Father figures and patriarchal power...are attacked, deconstructed, shown to be hollow and vulnerable in Angela Carter" and I'm not sure how to add in 3 poems from the Worlds wife. I have barely studied any of the poems, and therefore don't actually have a clue what to write....
Any help would be much appreciated :smile: xx

Ok well start by reading the poems. See which ones have relevant themes, and what similarities exist. No-one can/should give you help unless you actually read them yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending