The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
diesegeld
**** i only wrote plasma will i get the mark do you reckon?

I wrote plasma first but then added ''blood'' just incase :P
I might be wrong, don't count on it.

Or if I am right, you might get a mark if they're generous.
Reply 61
I can't remember what i got for that! I'll get one mark for method though
Reply 62
Nope that curve was correct :biggrin: the idea is that if it has a lower affinity for oxygen then it will dissociate more readily at respiring tissues so those at higher altitudes get sufficient O2 and dont have to respire anaerobically. I went for SA:V for the heat question. the equation is mag = image/actual. optical microscope sample has to be thin so light can pass through so it can be examined. and i guessed logarithmic, i think its to do with it being the only logical way to fit all the data on a reasonably sized graph
Reply 63
Vamp1reWeekend
woo i got that,
that's 2 marks out of 85..

OMG I LOVE YOU. My friend told me she got something like 28000 and I was like HUH?!

At least now I know someone got the same as me :biggrin:
Reply 64
was the blood cells one just because there is more haemoglobin?
Reply 65
Haruhi
I wrote plasma first but then added ''blood'' just incase :P
I might be wrong, don't count on it.

Or if I am right, you might get a mark if they're generous.

The answer is just Plasma as the diagram also showed red blood cells but pointed to the liquid between them :biggrin: blood plasma is a bit iffy because the mark scheme will probably say Plasma and no mark for blood, so it depends on the examiner :frown:
diesegeld

thats what i thought, dunno what the 2nd mark would be though ;s
Haruhi
OMG I LOVE YOU. My friend told me she got something like 28000 and I was like HUH?!

At least now I know someone got the same as me :biggrin:

hi5!! ;D
Reply 68
Artymess
Nope that curve was correct :biggrin: the idea is that if it has a lower affinity for oxygen then it will dissociate more readily at respiring tissues so those at higher altitudes get sufficient O2 and dont have to respire anaerobically. I went for SA:V for the heat question. the equation is mag = image/actual. optical microscope sample has to be thin so light can pass through so it can be examined. and i guessed logarithmic, i think its to do with it being the only logical way to fit all the data on a reasonably sized graph

Dang... so its correct afterall....
I am ever so glad that I wrote something infavour of that graph at the last minute... eventhough I disagreed.
Reply 69
Vamp1reWeekend
hi5!! ;D

oh yeaH~!
Reply 70
Haruhi
I did that and ended up with something like 242???? Micrometeres is x10-3 right?!

i got 2400, micrometres is 10^-6, millimetres is 10^-3 but i may be massively wrong
Reply 71
Vamp1reWeekend
thats what i thought, dunno what the 2nd mark would be though ;s

yeah i wasnt sure either, i had to cross out the answer i'd written initially and ask for extra paper because I didn't read the question properly!
the graph was right??
i did write about the whole unloading to respiring tissues like! woooop
Reply 73
diesegeld

OMG i wrote more haemoglobin and crossed it out... *dumb brunette moment*
Reply 74
Artymess
i got 2400, micrometres is 10^-6, millimetres is 10^-3 but i may be massively wrong

YOU ARE KIDDING ME. Noooooooo two marks out of the window.
aaaah no wayyy, i got 242 or something anyway so even if did multiply it by the right factor i still wouldn't have got 2400
Reply 76
Vamp1reWeekend
aaaah no wayyy, i got 242 or something anyway so even if did multiply it by the right factor i still wouldn't have got 2400

you'd have got 2420, and they allow some leeway either side. it depends on what you measured the length to be, i got 48mm

oh and i liked the seahorse picture :smile: it was cute
Artymess
you'd have got 2420, and they allow some leeway either side. it depends on what you measured the length to be, i got 48mm

oh and i liked the seahorse picture :smile: it was cute

i measured in cm :[ damnnnn

shame about the questions...haha
Vamp1reWeekend
i measured in cm :[ damnnnn

shame about the questions...haha

i measured in cm too and forgot how to convert it T_T
Reply 79
I got 2400 for magnification. Thought the paper went pretty well. Didnt like the mice "HSW" question though.

Latest

Trending

Trending