The Student Room Group

Wjec Ict

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anyone ready for 2morow exam?
Reply 21
is it in the morning or afternoon this exam?
Reply 22
xPSW
is it in the morning or afternoon this exam?

Its in the afternoon.
Reply 23
anyone got tips for 2morow exam?
Well my teacher is one of the chief examiners for WJEC ICT, so from experience i kind of know how things work, just to clarify, if you got the full 80 marks in the coursework then you need 55 marks in the exam for an A, that was the case in the january exam. With regards to revising/tips i wouldnt waste your time doing anything about health since its come up the last two times. Also the book im reading called "Essential ICT for WJEC" is pretty good :smile:
Reply 25
planetconwy1
Well my teacher is one of the chief examiners for WJEC ICT, so from experience i kind of know how things work, just to clarify, if you got the full 80 marks in the coursework then you need 55 marks in the exam for an A, that was the case in the january exam. With regards to revising/tips i wouldnt waste your time doing anything about health since its come up the last two times. Also the book im reading called "Essential ICT for WJEC" is pretty good :smile:

hey i got 69/80 raw marks for my coursework..and my teacher says that may convert to 63/80 UMS marks.
so how much would i need in the exam to get A?

anything your teacher told you about what has the most chance of coming up?
hello, if i worked it out right you would need 65/80 marks to hit the A grade boundry. We were told that coursework marks are worth 1 mark and exam marks are worth 1.333 marks. :/ i think thats due to the 40/60% weighting overall. Im just praying for my 80% overall coz i want my A* next year :woo: haha.

Well about what may come up, you know what WJEC are like!:confused: they could put anything random on the paper, my teacher kept banging on about e-commerce and online banking. So that may be on it.

if i told you that in the last few years these have been the big questions at the end of the paper, it may help you:
2005 - Banking and E-commerce
2006 - Education and E-commerce
2007 - Education and Health
2008 - E-commerce and E-Commerce (Horrible Paper :frown: )
2009 - Health and Banking
2010 - Health
hope that helps :smile:
Reply 27
Im sitting the exam 2moro as well, i also got an A in my cwork. Does any1 know what percentage the cwork and exam are?

Back to revision i go! GL all.
Reply 28
pr33t4m
Im sitting the exam 2moro as well, i also got an A in my cwork. Does any1 know what percentage the cwork and exam are?

Back to revision i go! GL all.

40% coursework

60% exam

100% AS ict

hows your revision..any techniques to use or ideas.
Reply 29
what can come up on business anybody?
da 4.1.6 on business.
what style of question can come up.
not sure abt it?
I have all the recent past papers and mark schemes if anybody needs them. Including the January 2010 Paper and January 2010 Mark scheme which is not available on the WJEC website.

If someone asks i will post them :smile:
Reply 31
i can do all the past papers and get atleast minimum 59/80 on jan09/june 09/jan 2010.
jan 2010 is the easiest.
Reply 32
jit987
40% coursework

60% exam

100% AS ict

hows your revision..any techniques to use or ideas.

I am using the essential ICT revision guide to revise from, its quite helpful, also there are mindmaps after each section summarising each topic...
Can someone plz tell me where i can get past papers? I checked on the WJEC site but could only find 1...

Thnx!
Reply 34
anyone on what business questions that might come up?
because previously business is often combined with other topics..so dont really know how to revise that topic
and by the look of it, that has the chance of coming up.
Reply 35
planetconwy1
Here are the papers i have:

They are attached:

Thanks! :yep:
Reply 36
im gona do the secition B first....because i can get 19 or 20 /20.
ANYone gona do the same...
Reply 37
anyone, think of what might come up??
for my thinking :
data info & knowledge
good quality info
advan-disadvan of email
benfits of network
cost of good info
comparing both different databases
data protection act.

and maybe education/home
Reply 38
jit987
im gona do the secition B first....because i can get 19 or 20 /20.
ANYone gona do the same...

I was thinking about doing this yesterday. I think I am going to start with the questions worth the highest marks.
Reply 39
Chantell
I was thinking about doing this yesterday. I think I am going to start with the questions worth the highest marks.

i wouldn't reckoning you doing that, because if you get stuck or cant find any more ideas then it can de-motivate you for the rest of the paper ( 2hours)....start with the easiest, or section B because we are prepared for it better then section A.
because its 2 hours and 15 mins.....leave about 45 minutes on the 18 marker....because communication marks will be awarded so take your time in answering those questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending