The Student Room Group

Studying Arabic @ Edinburgh - What are the prospects???

Hi friends :smile:

I was just wanting some advice...

I've got an offer to study at Uni Of Edinburgh - (MA 4yrs) Arabic with Business Studies

Im not 100% about what kind of employment one can go into after this degree... can anyone guide me plz?

And also, what kind of salary would one be looking at if coming out with a 1st or a 2:1 from this degree?

Reply 1
Your profile and some of your latest posts say you're starting the University of Manchester in September?

18th April: "I'm defffffffffinitely coming to Manchester in September..."
I don't mean to be rude; I'm curious. What's changed since that you're now thinking of Edinburgh (again)?

I can't answer your question but, on some days, I'm interested in learning Arabic/studying it at university. If you don't mind me asking, are you studying it ab initio?
Reply 2
Lottie
Your profile and some of your latest posts say you're starting the University of Manchester in September?

18th April: "I'm defffffffffinitely coming to Manchester in September..."
I don't mean to be rude; I'm curious. What's changed since that you're now thinking of Edinburgh (again)?

I can't answer your question but, on some days, I'm interested in learning Arabic/studying it at university. If you don't mind me asking, are you studying it ab initio?

I've got a place at Manchester as well as Edinburgh. The reason im looking at Edinburgh again, is because i've managed to change my course from Economics to Arabic with Business Studies. I had studied Arabic in my first semester and it was fun, i really enjoyed it, and so was just curious as to what kind of careers the degree would lead onto...

However, i'm not 100% as to where i'm going to be at this September. Manchester or Edinburgh... I can't say right now, i'm just a little confused. You can say i'm indecisive lol... :smile:
Reply 3
Jobs in FCO (Foreign Office) require a modern language as do many other companies who have links with overseas. It also looks good on your CV that you are multilingual and that gives you an advantage over other candidates.

Latest

Trending

Trending