The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
loopy
Has anyone (Oxbridge potential reject) got an offer from Bristol yet? Is it unlikely? I've already got the grades but haven't heard apart from a holding notification...(for history).

I know Bristol is good at Science, Could u tell me how about business&management in Bristol?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
loopy
Has anyone (Oxbridge potential reject) got an offer from Bristol yet? Is it unlikely? I've already got the grades but haven't heard apart from a holding notification...(for history).

me friend got one for accounting and finance ..ony require 3 Bs...quit good ..cos the prospec said it will be ABB or higher..they will give most of the applicants offers..don't worry
Reply 3
I've been told I'll get one if I go to the open day for Maths in january.
Hi Loopy,
I am also applying for history at Bristol! All I have received from them is a letter telling me that I should find out in Spring if I have a place or not!
Good luck!
Kat
Reply 5
peach_archers
Hi Loopy,
I am also applying for history at Bristol! All I have received from them is a letter telling me that I should find out in Spring if I have a place or not!
Good luck!
Kat
Reply 6
theone

i've had an offer of abc from bristol to read 'physics & chem'
Reply 7
i've been told i've got an unconditional when i turned up for the open day.
Reply 8
loopy

Hey, I havnt heard from Bristol yet either (for dentistry) would really like to go there too! Does anyone know when they usually give out interviews for dentistry? :confused:
Reply 9
Aab (only inc. chemistry) to study biochemistry there. I received an open-day invitation in October, then when we went was told that despite having to come I had an offer, but they weren't posting grades till the holidays. Got the grades yesterday :smile: Some people have proper interviews, some get straight offers, depends on the department, subject and individual I guess.
Reply 10
ruthybaby
Hey, I havnt heard from Bristol yet either (for dentistry) would really like to go there too! Does anyone know when they usually give out interviews for dentistry? :confused:

Hey Ive applied for Veterinary medicine and know that the interviews dont finisg until the end of March so I think that you havent been rejected yet it is a good sign. I know people who have had interviews and been rejected before and after...so I think that as it is such a popular university that that is to only be expected. Have you seen any of the accommodation at Bristol?
Reply 11
mjf
Have you seen any of the accommodation at Bristol?

Cause i live in N.Ireland its too expensive to just go to Bristol to see accommodation so i'l just have to wait+if i get an interview i'l have a look around then! My cousin is doing vetinary medicine at Bristol + he loves it there so thats good news!!
Reply 12
ruthybaby
Cause i live in N.Ireland its too expensive to just go to Bristol to see accommodation so i'l just have to wait+if i get an interview i'l have a look around then! My cousin is doing vetinary medicine at Bristol + he loves it there so thats good news!!

Really?! Would it be possible to put me in touch with him? Id really like to find out what the course is like in the first year... my email is [email protected]
Reply 13
mjf
Really?! Would it be possible to put me in touch with him? Id really like to find out what the course is like in the first year... my email is [email protected]

Of course! I'l try and get in touch with him 2nite, hes home for Cmas at mo. Tel me wot u'd like to know + i can ask him first so he has sumfin to email u with?
Reply 14
ruthybaby
Of course! I'l try and get in touch with him 2nite, hes home for Cmas at mo. Tel me wot u'd like to know + i can ask him first so he has sumfin to email u with?

Id just like to know how he has found the first year at bristol - was it a big jump going to university from school? How was the workload? How had people done in their A Levels who had got in...what is the accommodation like? That sort of thing if possible? That would be great - thanks Ruth!
Reply 15
mjf
Id just like to know how he has found the first year at bristol - was it a big jump going to university from school? How was the workload? How had people done in their A Levels who had got in...what is the accommodation like? That sort of thing if possible? That would be great - thanks Ruth!

No probs!
Reply 16
this year, bristol was the only university i was rejected from, but i applied to oxford and they must have guessed that (and they were probably right as i did manage to get an offer from ox.)
Reply 17
theone

urghhh i think UCL does that as well..they interview (open day:P) b4 making offers...i ve applied to Bristol as well..BSc Mathematics and Economics
Reply 18
Bristol are weird.

I got an offer from them, for english, on the 5th of december. I know someone got an offer for the same course in early November. Other people i know haven't heard anything back yet. I wouldn't worry about it; it seems that Bristol just give offers out when they feel like it!
Reply 19
I got an offer for Economics at Bristol ages ago.

Was very high at AAA, so they either don't particually like me, or more likely the private school thing had something to do with it, or working out from the early application that i'd applied to Oxbridge.

Latest

Trending

Trending