The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've been playing the drum kit for very nearly three years now.
hello mr jr, can you add me to your society. I play the guitar (electric and acoustic, but prefer acoustic), I also used to play the violin, I was forced to :redface:
Reply 62
I play flute, piano and guitar and have just got bak from a tour of italy with loadsa other musicians where we played for the locals... we were pretty sh*te but it was a great holiday!

can I join too?
Random one
lets name it "Labu ba bey ba ba boop ba duh dun dun dun daaaah (oh yeah :wink: )

LOL!! Labu-whatty!?
Reply 64
ProvenAngel
Wooosh!, thats amazing!! - especially from my point of view, having never been all that musical! :p: Well done. :biggrin: (you have my 100% admiration!)

music = pure talent. Take note everybody! :smile:

Lol, I'm not that amazing! Hardly some sort of child prodigy! I just enjoy what I do, and that's playing music. It's really something I do for myself, although I do get the odd job now and again. Then again, I do enjoy the odd jam session we set up occasionally. I'm so protective about my compositions, it's as if they were part of me (end pretentious cliches) and so rarely let others hear - unless they live under the same roof, in which they have no choice (muahahah). It's like anything really; if you don't enjoy it, don't do it.
^^
i know how you feel. I get approached and told that im "a brilliant bassist" and others hear this. Im not that brilliant.... I just enjoy doing what I can... and that seems to come across.

On that note - ive a gig on Sunday :biggrin::biggrin: yeah!

If anyone lives newar croydon pelase come along. PM me if u want to know where abouts :P (i doubt anyone lives near there byt theres a chance)

Tis the CArtoon Club, Croydon
Reply 66
Can i join i've been playing the cello for hmmm 9 yrs! oh and i sing.

Ohh hey i just realised i'm your only cellist, you have to let me join now!
^^
Cello o0. Nice

Can you play a soulbe bass aswell? If you did then id have to atalk you and declare love for you, more than out current bass players! (dont worry loves, only a double bass could be more sexyness than an electric bass)
Reply 68
MR_JR
^^
Cello o0. Nice

Can you play a soulbe bass aswell? If you did then id have to atalk you and declare love for you, more than out current bass players! (dont worry loves, only a double bass could be more sexyness than an electric bass)

I can play double bass. No need to come onto me though... :rolleyes: :p:
o0

*tries to hump raindances leg*

that is pretty amazing :biggrin: Do you posess your own DB?
Reply 70

I'm afraid i play the double bass very badly, but am much better at bass guitar
Reply 71
MR_JR
o0

*tries to hump raindances leg*

that is pretty amazing :biggrin: Do you posess your own DB?

Nah, most unfortunately. I sometimes get to use the school one, or go to my mates whose dad used to play it a bit. He was the keys player for T Rex, btw. Jamming with him was amazing. His playing was orgasmic, even though we were both tanked up on vodka and (in his case) weed.
OMFG!!! My grandad has roadied for T rex IIRC..... Ill ask him next time. I do recall hes mentioned them in his own events!
Reply 73
MR_JR
OMFG!!! My grandad has roadied for T rex IIRC..... Ill ask him next time. I do recall hes mentioned them in his own events!

Small world! :wink:
took the words right out of my speechless mouth
Reply 75
Do we get to put 'Member of the I Play An Instrument Society' in our siggies?! Lols.

Woah, there are loads of serious musical peeps on here, ought to begin some sort of band, lol!
Rasta, of course. Though it wont be recognised as such until we get the new server... so if we can agree on an icon we can put it in our profiles:biggrin:

Soo...what should be our icon. (2nd order of business)

And for ease of searching it, make sure ur vote has the word ICON in the post... ta
^^
and sigs
MR_JR
Rasta, of course. Though it wont be recognised as such until we get the new server... so if we can agree on an icon we can put it in our profiles:biggrin:

Soo...what should be our icon. (2nd order of business)

And for ease of searching it, make sure ur vote has the word ICON in the post... ta

Oooo I feel a debate concerning which instrument should represent this society.
.... Or it could just be a symbol.
ICON
^^
Well we could use a bass cleff? What have you to say on that (please use the word icon in ur posts about the icon so i can search em)

Quick Reply

Latest