The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I ALWAYS end up listening to Gym Class Heroes when revising. No other time. It's a bit weird. If I'm going for hardcore revising it has to be silence though :yep:
Has to be R.E.M. tbh.
Reply 23
white lies & glasvegas
Danielle89
Muse or Hadouken - something fairly powerful and hyper if possible. Helps me type up notes faster and keeps pace with my caffeine-infused brain lol

:yep:
Reply 25
Usually just random stuff on Spotify (it was better revising last year when Jonathon and Roberta from Spotify would interrupt and make me feel all happy :P) or I just all of one artist's music onto an iTunes playlist and shuffle it.
At the moment I have playing a cover of Sweet Child of Mine by Taken by Trees :smile:

Its on an advert somewhere I think.

I usually listen to whatever my most recent playlist is. I do on occasion get so in to work that I don't realise that there is no noise. I sound like a right geek :awesome:
Usually some instrumental post-rock. Often it's soft enough to relax you, but will have certain crescendo sections and quirky bits to keep you entertained still. e.g. Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky, If These Trees Could Talk, 65daysofstatic, God Is An Astronaut, Sigur Ros, Yndi Halda, This Will Destroy You, Godspeed You! Black Emperor .etc.

Acoustic stuff works quite well too. Andy McKee, Antoine Dufour, Trace Bundy, Eric Mongrain .etc.

Generally nothing with words, because I just end up singing along or typing out lyrics from the songs accidently. :P
Reply 28
Stratocaster
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Never thought I'd be seeing the name of that band in TSR of all places. kudos to you sir (although I think it's The Black Emperor ;()
Music goes against my revision.

Dreizhen
(although I think it's The Black Emperor ;()

t'isn't!
Thecadian
silence:yep:

This.
Ludovico Einaudi

:awesome:

Ohh and anything from Rocky :top:
Reply 33
It depends on the subject!

I like D&B for the sciences, something calming for the humanities.
Reply 34
No music, just listen to what you enjoy when u break. I normally listen to one song after 20 minutes of revising...and it seems to work!
i find it hard to study to music with English lyrics. so i mostly listen to chinese pop/rnb. artists like khalil fong and jay chou are fav's.
Reply 36
Its sounds rather sad, but Classical FM :nopity: - makes me feel quite intellectual :yep:
Thecadian
i figure if i revise in silence then i revise better so need to send less time revising in total giving me more time to do other, more enjoyable things :smile:

Exactly this :top: All about the yield!
Reply 38
HumorousGent.
t'isn't!

looks like you're right. apologies
Silence. :yep:

Latest