The Student Room Group

Exit interviews??!!

Wtf are exit interviews??
I've just finished my final year at college but have just got a message from my form tutor asking me to come in for the final time for an exit interview! I don't wanna be wasting my time travelling an hour to get to college for an interview if it isn't necessary....
So what is an exit interview? My sis said that it's only for 1st years who need to discuss things before moving up a year in college.. so why do I have to go?
Could anyone help me please?

Cheers and tears! :smile:
a leaving interview peoberly, to ask how its been while you have been there? maybee
Reply 2
If you work for a large-ish organisation, and leave to go to another job, they will usually hold an exit interview to find out why you're leaving, would you be willing to return, anything you were unhappy about etc (it's often conducted by Personnel people not line managers, so you can say in confidence if you're unhappy with a manager).

I assume for students it's something similar - presumably you're leaving because you've finished a course, not because you can't stand the place (!), so they really probably just want to see whether you were happy in broad terms, or whether there's anything they can do to improve facilities etc for future students.

I would have thought that it was optional, but give them a call and check - they might just send you a questionnaire to fill in, which is a lot easier

Latest

Trending

Trending