The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What Royal Mail service did you use to deliver it?

If you used normal first/second class mail then you won't be able to claim any money from RM, but the company you ordered from should accept your proof of posting.

If you used Special Delivery or insured it, then you'll be covered by RM up to the amount you agreed upon - see the details on their website.

But I think it's probably a bit too soon to assume it's lost. There have been only 4 working days since you posted it (5 if you count today), and probably a huge Christmas backlog for RM to work through, so the odds are it hasn't been lost, but just hasn't been delivered yet.
philjw
What Royal Mail service did you use to deliver it?

If you used normal first/second class mail then you won't be able to claim any money from RM, but the company you ordered from should accept your proof of posting.

If you used Special Delivery or insured it, then you'll be covered by RM up to the amount you agreed upon - see the details on their website.

But I think it's probably a bit too soon to assume it's lost. There have been only 4 working days since you posted it (5 if you count today), and probably a huge Christmas backlog for RM to work through, so the odds are it hasn't been lost, but just hasn't been delivered yet.

It was a dress from Coast and it was a free returns. The website says ''please ensure you obtain your proof of posting until refund has been credited''. So im assuming I could perhaps still get the reimbursement back of my money? :dontknow:

I sent another package the same day and that got to the company Tuesday! :s-smilie: So im abit like hmmmm and edgy at the moment, due to needing the £££ back asap to give to my mum:confused:.
Reply 3
DancinBallerina
It was a dress from Coast and it was a free returns. The website says ''please ensure you obtain your proof of posting until refund has been credited''. So im assuming I could perhaps still get the reimbursement back of my money? :dontknow:

I sent another package the same day and that got to the company Tuesday! :s-smilie: So im abit like hmmmm and edgy at the moment, due to needing the £££ back asap to give to my mum:confused:.

Yeah, sounds like since you have a proof of posting you'll be fine even if it's lost. But since it's a free returns service, it's probably just equivalent to the second-class Royal Mail service - which can take several days at the best of times.
Reply 4
You can get upto £32ish compensation with First Class + Certificate of Posting via Royal Fail...but you have to wait at least 15 working days I think.

Might be worth contacting Coast after a couple days and they might help you out.
Nevasleep
You can get upto £32ish compensation with First Class + Certificate of Posting via Royal Fail...but you have to wait at least 15 working days I think.

Might be worth contacting Coast after a couple days and they might help you out.

£32 doesn't even come close to the value of the dress! :s-smilie: Perhaps I should have put recorded/special delivery on it? :dontknow: but it said free returns so I thought there wasn't really any need - ah well . . . fingers crossed its not lost and arrives at its destination. *prays*

philjw
Yeah, sounds like since you have a proof of posting you'll be fine even if it's lost. But since it's a free returns service, it's probably just equivalent to the second-class Royal Mail service - which can take several days at the best of times.

Ok thanks, I will sit tight and wait . . and watch my bank account and emails for refund notifications! :s-smilie:
Still nothing . . . :frown: Oooo . . . :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending