The Student Room Group

Can't handle AQA unit 1 psychology (PYA1) HELP

I finished writing my notes for PYA1 for the January exam. They are a total of 30 pages of hand-written A4 and 11 pages of computer A4 (mostly font 11)

There is just soooooooo much information to remember, I really don't know what to do.

Is there any advice as in, only remember this much for a certain topic because I wrote most of the A02 and A01 necessary but when I came to think of it, I won't be able to write all that in a 6 mark question - its too much.

Please, any advice?
Reply 1
Shorten them down to one-sentence stories.

Psych A, right? I know me too, it's a lot of information... But the main thing is going in the exam, with sharp understanding, like a written debate. Providing evidence that Baddeley proposed that.... Bowlby believed that...

You can do this, babe. Don't give up. XX
Is this memory and attachments? I sat this paper about 4 times each time revised about 3-4 days straight of it, highest I came out with was a D. I am completely stumped how I didn't get above that as when answering the questions I felt I had well, nailed them to be honest.
Reply 3
Just keep condensing and condensing those pages down to the key information. Go through it once, then go through it again, and keep testing yourself.
Blue Rose Bowl
Is this memory and attachments? I sat this paper about 4 times each time revised about 3-4 days straight of it, highest I came out with was a D. I am completely stumped how I didn't get above that as when answering the questions I felt I had well, nailed them to be honest.

No offence, but if you only revised 3 or 4 days, that might be explain why you failed to make above a D. I know some people have great memory and don't need to revise a lot, but I've been revising since October, so...

Anyway, at 10x: I'd recommend condensing your notes. Read them and try shortening the sentences, only picking out key words that will stick out for you which will act as a cue to help you remember the rest of the information. Maybe drawing small simple pictures to help.
You could also try starting off with a bullet-point list of the key topics, i.e. Memory > Models: And then you have the MSM and WMM on the same sheet.

I know it's a difficult process trying to reduce your notes b/c you worry you'll miss out key info, and I struggled with that too, but it's honestly the only way. Right now, I've got 17 A5 sheets of revision notes - so just try your best to cut it down. Good luck
Reply 5
thanks alot RomanticChrissy... I think I'm guna go with your advice and try to develop cues... I guess the cues must be good enough to remind me of the key info

ty alot guys
Reply 6
Just make notes on your notes, if that makes sense... And I personally don't think it's about the length of your revision, more about the quality.
Minus the revision we did in class, I only started revising 1-2 days before the exam and still ended up with an A in this module.
Just always make sure that there are no distractions and silence when you're revising. (That includes no music)

Oh and I know this doesn't work for everyone but it can work :smile: Good luck in the exam anyway.
Reply 7
The memory models! They are bound to come up! Good luck x

Latest

Trending

Trending