The Student Room Group
Reply 1
trev
I mentioned that I don't mind what work environment I work in. I mentioned a few work environments like admin, supermarket, and retail. I applied for an admin job recently. I just wondering, if they saw the other work environments (i.e. supermarket and retail), would they reject me, as it's kind of side tracked?

You might look lazy - that you couldn't be bothered to tailor your profile to the job, and are just using a generic one...
Reply 2
Fluffy
You might look lazy - that you couldn't be bothered to tailor your profile to the job, and are just using a generic one...

I mention that I would be looking foward to learn new skills in those work environments though. I actually mentioned those other positions, as I will apply to those work environments if I don't get the admin job.
Reply 3
trev
I mention that I would be looking foward to learn new skills in those work environments though. I actually mentioned those other positions, as I will apply to those work environments if I don't get the admin job.

But it makes you sound uninteresed in the job you are actually applying for. Trust me, obviously generic applications and CVs quickly wind their way to the bin.

Potential employers do not give a rats ass where you will apply next if you don't get their position. All they care about is why you want to work for them in that particualr job...
Reply 4
Fluffy
But it makes you sound uninteresed in the job you are actually applying for. Trust me, obviously generic applications and CVs quickly wind their way to the bin.

Potential employers do not give a rats ass where you will apply next if you don't get their position. All they care about is why you want to work for them in that particualr job...

Ok then. I guess I'll change my CV and apply to other jobs besides the jobs that I applied to the companies a few days ago. I guess I'll be focusing on admin jobs when I change my CV around.
Reply 5
You can have more than one CV, you know....
Reply 6
Fluffy
You can have more than one CV, you know....

Ok. I should have done a few more then. Should I send my updated one to the same job postions that I applied for a few days ago, or is it too late?
Reply 7
trev - id send your updated cv's, even though you applied only a few days ago. It's better to be safe than sorry, and fluffy's right: it may otherwise look too generic and impersonal :smile:
Reply 8
~nat~
trev - id send your updated cv's, even though you applied only a few days ago. It's better to be safe than sorry, and fluffy's right: it may otherwise look too generic and impersonal :smile:

Alright. I would update my CV, so it will be concentrated on one work environment/job sector instead of a variety of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending