The Student Room Group

Guys: Just wondering, what is your opinion on natural red/ginger hair on girls?

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
They are like a guilty pleasure for me.

However I'd hesitate at actually marry and have kids with one, purely because ginger boys have a pretty hard time at school these days.

Yeahh boys get it a hell of a lot worse than girls, tbh.
Though you do need two "ginger genes" to make a ginger baby. :smile:
My boyfriend is ginger. So I'd say it's a gorgeous hair colour. There tends to be so many colours within the ginger hair itself like various shades of blonde and dark ginger and hints of orange which make it quite pretty.

I tend to think orange can look great on a guy/girl if it suits him/her naturally and doesn't make them look out of place. Him and his brother were quite the popular/cool kids in school so no one ever dared to make fun of them or anything for it.

I think if Shirley Manson can get away with it and still be lusted after, you will have no problem :wink:
Reply 22
Hot.
Reply 23
On hot girls it's hot, on ugly girls it's not.

Oh wait.
Reply 24
I know quite a few hot gingers girl.
I think it's beautiful colour hair (when it's in the right shade)

Some ginger guys are quite cute :3
Profesh
Hot.

Arn't you a little biased, being ginger yourself? :p:
If I could make it look natural from a bottle I would, I've wanted it since I was about 5.
Reply 27
I was about to buy auburn hair-dye for my natural coppery blonde hair when I was stopped by the shop assistants telling me that my hair colour was what they were all aiming for. So, I give up, I resign myself to my rather outdated blonde/blue-eyed combination and I hope that guys will stop trying to imagine me as "different" or "interesting", and just take me as I am.
One expression - :coma:
Reply 29
2 types of ginger. Really hot or really ugly. No inbetween.
PBTimmeh
2 types of ginger. Really hot or really ugly. No inbetween.

I beg to differ.
I mean, i am far from ugly, but i'm hardly "really hot".
Well...i don't think so anyway.
Each opinion to their own.
Reply 31
StressedDesserts
Arn't you a little biased, being ginger yourself? :p:

Not really; just without the usual prejudice.
Reply 32
Profesh
Hot.

Dionysia

i approve.
chebanana
I was about to buy auburn hair-dye for my natural coppery blonde hair when I was stopped by the shop assistants telling me that my hair colour was what they were all aiming for. So, I give up, I resign myself to my rather outdated blonde/blue-eyed combination and I hope that guys will stop trying to imagine me as "different" or "interesting", and just take me as I am.

I'm sure many will. :smile:
Reply 35
Dionysia

You're (very) welcome.
unknownking321
i approve :yy:

I approve that you approve. :biggrin:
Reply 37
red/ginger hair on a girl can make them look uber hot. I'd say it's great if it suits the girl (whether she's dyed it or not - Hayley Williams).
Ginger haired girls do get a massive thumbs up from me. A rare but very fine breed :biggrin:

My big thing is girls with long, curly, ginger hair... essentially think Lady Godiva!!
:drool:
WarriorInAWig
Ginger haired girls do get a massive thumbs up from me. A rare but very fine breed :biggrin:

My big thing is girls with long, curly, ginger hair... essentially think Lady Godiva!!
:drool:

I have long, curly, ginger hair. :smile:
So...all i can say is...you have very good taste. xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending