The Student Room Group

A2 English Literature LITB4 - Critical Anthology Coursework.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedievalWitch
hey, i was wondering if anyone could advise me on some good poems to do with metaphor and tell me, if im doing metaphor and symbolism does it have to link slightly to the other areas like markism and femenism because i dont understand hw you can write an essay when youre just saying this means this etc. i probably sound really dumb but i really dont understand this coursework and my teacher wont help :/

Hi, would you like me to send you mine? :smile: unfortunately I can't find my finished draft but I can show you one version?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Hi, would you like me to send you mine? :smile: unfortunately I can't find my finished draft but I can show you one version?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yes please, thank you so much
What about when quoting a work directly. Is it enough to have a reference of the text in the bibliography or is it better to put a number next to the quote in the essay itself, and link it with the reference?
Original post by privatestudent
What about when quoting a work directly. Is it enough to have a reference of the text in the bibliography or is it better to put a number next to the quote in the essay itself, and link it with the reference?

I literally just did a bibliography at the end without in text references :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, sorry I know this thread is a bit old now but I am doing mine on a short story by Joseph Conrad and just don't know where to start :frown: could I maybe see yours?
Reply 25
I'm doing this atm and I have no idea what I'm suppose to be doing... My teacher just kinda talked about the topics of choice (Marxist, Feminism, Values.) I didn't know until recently that metaphor was an option, she just kinda skipped it. It wasn't until a few weeks ago we were told this was coursework. I have no idea what I'm suppose to be writing, how long it's suppose to be nor how it should look like... I'm trying to do the value and art argument for on of John Hegley's poems (Who's a very comedic poet).I keep looking though the anthology and what are we suppose to do with this...? Quote it? Use ideas from it?
I’m doing ‘the help’ from a Marxist perspective but have NO idea how to structure my paragraphs. I’ve got my question and about 8 points to make but I’ve no idea how to actually go about it structurally. Please can anyone help😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending