The Student Room Group

How do you apply for a job?

For smaller businesses/shops, how would I find out if this shop has any jobs? For example if I were to walk into a smaller supermarket and there is various staff member going around but most of them appear to be trainees, do I go and ask them? I would had thought they would not know.. I tried today when I was out buying groceries but had no clue how to start, haven't been job hunting before you see.
you could look for someone in a niuce suit (looking professional :biggrin:), ring up, hand someone your cv etc
Try the customer services desk, main office, or just ask someone in a uniform if you are unsure, and they will probably tell you, or point you in the direction of someone who can. Good luck! :smile:
Silly Wench
Try the customer services desk, main office, or just ask someone in a uniform if you are unsure, and they will probably tell you, or point you in the direction of someone who can. Good luck! :smile:

I agree customer services usually have all the right forms, or askto speak to someone in charge say Personelle Staff, or the Manager
Reply 4
Heh thanks you lot, although most of these shops are so small they don't have a customer service counter, ive looked in safeways and icelands and they are about the size of our local shoe shop, very small! Might just send them a letter to make it easier for me.
Reply 5
I always send my CV, a cover letter and if applicable; an application form.

Latest

Trending

Trending