The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Spanish Speaking re-take - help needed!

Hey, I've come across this place for a while for help in French & Spanish, thought I'd register for specific help, so thanks for previous help, like the look of this place, anyway. . .

Right, this is the brand new Edexcel curriculum, I started it at AS last year, and I've got my speaking re-take, possibly tomorrow, but some time this week.

I've written up answers to questions our teacher has provided us (I'm doing the "youth culture & concern" area), so I'm well-prepared in that aspect and it gives me a cushion of security. I've got a list of subjunctive clauses that I can whip out.

Obviously I'd like to sound as spontaneous as possible, so if any of you have some phrases I can whip out which will impress if I'm stuck remembering my answers, and also any other structures/vocab/grammar I could use which will impress. Anything else or any tips would also help? I did it last year, but I got an E (harshly marked teachers felt), so I've been through it before but any of the above and tips would be greatly appreciated. This is kinda urgent too. THANK YOU!
Reply 1
A couple of structures you could use to push up your marks for complexity are:

1) Si + pluperfect subjunctive + conditional perfect

Si no hubiera llovido, habría podido salir en la ciudad.
If it hadn't rained, I could have gone into town.

The conditional perfect is considered an A2 structure.

2) Future perfect

Lo habré terminado para el martes.
I'll have finished it by Tuesday.

That's another A2 structure, not an easy one to work into a conversation but worth including if you can.

Latest

Trending

Trending