The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tbh if the 9/11 attacks were planned it wouldnt be strange. The american CIA (I think, could have been a differant US agency) have tried to blow up buildings before, even got caught trying to blow up the wtc before. It was a good way to make everyone patriotic and support a war.

I tend to disslike these theories. This is one of the very few that seem to be true.
Reply 21
there was some :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: propaganda on the BBC last year called "was 7/7 a conspiracy?" or something along those lines. It showed loads of stuff on why it would be, and at the end the voiceover whore said "none of these are plausible"... like the viewers can't judge for themselves what is plausible!? That was when I lost faith in the BBC.
False flag terrorism is a well known technique.
The most interesting thing about the majority of conspiracy theories is that otherwise smart people give them the time of day.
"Conspiracy theories" are just conspiracy theories which the ruling class don't want people to know about. BTW this guy shot JFK:

Reply 25
I like the theory about scotland yard attacking the titanic with torpedos, therefore it sank.
Reply 26
FreeMasonary theories seem to be the most intresting, seemed to be involved in pretty much every big event in history ever.
Reply 27
The arrivals.. and 9/11 :smile:
oh and binladen being a cia man or something :/
Tupac and 9/11.
9/11 7/7 Princess Diana

Spoiler

Reply 30
Syrokal
FreeMasonary theories seem to be the most intresting, seemed to be involved in pretty much every big event in history ever.

This, I mean every conspiracy theories there have been apparently "these guys" involved. I mean for real, be creative or something. All the conspiracies you have listed do a google search with freemasonry attached at the end than you will find people that believe this.
Examples:
9/11=Elitist=Freemason
Elvis=Freemasonry initiation
Moon landing =
Lizard people = Elitist = Freemasonry
Shakespeare = Freemasonry
Jack the ripper= Freemasonry initiation
Paul McCartney = Freemasonry
JFK Assassination = Freemasonry
Tupac = Freemasonry
Reply 31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIgoXQWiSlM&feature=player_embedded

Reports of secondary explosions within the WTCs. Difficult to refute, to be honest.
Reply 32
Y50727
Are you an Engineer, or you're studying to become one?

For Engineer to design such a building, that in the event of impact, the buildings fell as if by controlled demolition, would require a mechanism that would sever the steel columns, which is immoral as it would kill hundreds or thousands of people stuck inside.

Such a mechanism is not immoral. The mechanism is not there to be actioned at random, it's there in the case of an emergency. In the case of an emergency, when the buildings support columns simply aren't going to take any more, it's better for the building to fall in on itself rather than fall all over a crowded city.

Had both towards fell sideways, or fell in an uncontrolled manner, the death toll would be much, much higher than what it was. The dust coverage would have had a greater range, long term health problems in the city would have greater range, and clean-up operations would span many more miles. Taking this into account in the design phase, it is decidedly MORAL to build a mechanism that allows the building to collapse as if it was controlled in AN EMERGENCY.

New World Order...
Climate Change is engineered by big corporations like Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth
Reply 35
Telling me that you believe in a conspiracy theory is basically the fast-track method of having me lose all respect for you.
Reply 36
Phugoid
If I was an Engineer (and I am) who was designing two buildings that were to stand almost 2,000ft tall in one of the most crowded areas of New York, would I:

a) Design it such that, in the event of collapse, it fell as if by controlled demolition, causing as little damage as possible to its surroundings.
b) Design it such that, in the event of collapse, it fell sideways, causing millions of dollars in needless damage, and endangering thousands more lives than is necessary.
c) Not consider the event of a collapse.

No but you might design it to withstand the force of a plane flying into it - which they did. You might also consider it strange that it fell down at all - as it was the first steel building in history to fall due to fire. In 1945 a B25 flew straight into the side of the empire state building - that didnt fall over.
the 9/11 conspiracy is total bull :snow::snow::snow::snow:, they say they wanted to go to war for oil but no one ever thinks that the cost of the war is going to be more than the amount of oil we're fighting for.
Reply 38
My favorite one: Freedom
Reply 39
Conspiracy theories make me laugh.

All these people saying "I'm totally skeptical, dude, I don't believe what the MAN tells me. Don't believe anything you're told... What's that? Elvis faked the moon landings? Nooo waaaay!"

Latest

Trending

Trending