The Student Room Group

accounting and finance at robert gordon

Poll

which of these unis r d best to studdy accounting and finance degree

erm hi i would like to know life at robert gordon university because i just got an offer into the university and i don't know how life is in aberdeen scotland because i live in london
Reply 1
I do Accounting and Finance at Stirling so if you have any questions about the course here, I can try and help you out.
Reply 2
thanks
i got an offer into stirling as well but am not sure which one to choose either robert gordon or stirling because i ve not been to either universities
Reply 3
Well it depends what you're looking for in a uni - do you want to be on a contained campus or not? Do you want to live in a big city or little city? Just stuff like that.
Reply 4
i would prefer a big city but which one has better social life??? and which one is less expensive to live ????
thanks
Reply 5
Stirling has the cheaper accommodation, but is a smaller city. Social life isn't dictated by where you live though - it's up to you to make sure you have a good social life.
Reply 6
Original post by marieisfab
I do Accounting and Finance at Stirling so if you have any questions about the course here, I can try and help you out.

I am planning to apply to the MSc Investment Analysis at Stirling for Sep 2011. Dont know much about it except that it is a CFA Program Partner. Help is appreciated on the overall course recognition, professors, accommodation etc.

Thanks again
Reply 7
Original post by kalpak
I am planning to apply to the MSc Investment Analysis at Stirling for Sep 2011. Dont know much about it except that it is a CFA Program Partner. Help is appreciated on the overall course recognition, professors, accommodation etc.

Thanks again

I'm not too sure about the actual course itself, but as a whole the department is ok. There are some brilliant teachers and there are some that could do with cheering up a bit. My only complaint is that they can take a while to get information and results to you - much slower than any other department I've dealt with at the university.

The accommodation on and off campus which is owned by the university is basic, but good. The rent costs of living in a university owned building is comparable to the average costs of Stirling as a whole, but living on Campus does make it much easier to get to and from classes, the library and the computer labs - otherwise it is a 10 minute bus journey which can be up to 30 minutes if you manage to get caught in the 8am-9am and 4.30pm-5.30pm rushes.
Reply 8
Hey..

I got the offer from UoL, wondering if its accounting and finance is good. And..Can anybody tell me how its future career will be? Like ACCA or CIMA, are these certificates worth to take?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 9
Original post by marieisfab
I'm not too sure about the actual course itself, but as a whole the department is ok. There are some brilliant teachers and there are some that could do with cheering up a bit. My only complaint is that they can take a while to get information and results to you - much slower than any other department I've dealt with at the university.

The accommodation on and off campus which is owned by the university is basic, but good. The rent costs of living in a university owned building is comparable to the average costs of Stirling as a whole, but living on Campus does make it much easier to get to and from classes, the library and the computer labs - otherwise it is a 10 minute bus journey which can be up to 30 minutes if you manage to get caught in the 8am-9am and 4.30pm-5.30pm rushes.

Thanks ... Just to update I got an unconditional offer from University of Stirling..
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest