The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
CherryCherryBoomBoom
OMG, this sounds like a total joke, some discrimination smh. I don't think it's fair, and I would steer clear of shallow things like that. 'Fat' people aren't necessarily unattractive either, my friend is rather chubby and she has a boyfriend she's been with for 3 years, so.

Doesn't necessarily mean she is attractive
Reply 41
They're well within their rights so I can't fault them.
Simplicity
I don't know about that. If they just got rid off some fat people. You don't have to be fat. I guess the concept is extremely shallow, but it would be ignorant to suggest that people don't care about looks aswell as say personality.

lol that's not why we should not discriminate against say blacks or gays. I mean you don't say "You can't change your colour and that's why I don't discriminate against you". That insinuates that if you could change your colour, I'd discriminate against you for not changing it. As if being black is something wrong that needs to change and if you could change it then you should.

Same with gays. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with being gay. I mean you may harm yourself (gays have much higher chance of getting HIV) but you do not harm anyone else. We don't say that it's not ok to discriminate against them because they can't change. That would mean that there's something wrong with them and if they could change then they should change. We don't say that paedophiliacs are ok just cos they can't change. We say that they harm little children and therefore it's wrong. Doesn't matter if they were born paedos.
Reply 43
The whole point of the site is that it doesn't allow ugly people, so they knew it was elitist when they signed up.
I have a profile on this website :awesome:
Kreuzuerk
So, presumably you're discriminating against people you don't find attractive?

No. Where did I say that? :dontknow:
They'll get publicity, attract the sort of people they want on there, and be shown to stand by their principals (however odd).

Were I a vain sod interested in pretty people only dating sites they would have just gone up hugely in my estimations. I should have bought some shares before this happened.
Adonis
Already found a TSR-er on there =]

Seriously? Haha, come on, spill :p:

To be honest, not all of them are that great looking, but they are above average... Some are stunning mind you.
The existence of such a service does raise the obvious question of why such incontrovertibly beautiful people have resorted to online dating...
Reply 49
SunOfABeach
No. Where did I say that? :dontknow:

Your choosing not to kiss people who you perceive to be ugly, is just as 'discriminatory' as the website's admissions policy.
Reply 50
Pedrobear
The existence of such a service does raise the obvious question of why such incontrovertibly beautiful people have resorted to online dating...

Because in real life, the majority of them are probably dicks :p:
Rubgish
Would you not consider it a form of descrimination? If they started doing this by colour rather than weight, would that still be ok?
Well, where do you draw the line? If a resturant owner didn't allow nazis inside his resturant, wouldn't that be discrimination against Nazis?
Reply 52
What a stupid site. Most of the members aren't even attractive.
Reply 53
Rubgish
Would you not consider it a form of descrimination? If they started doing this by colour rather than weight, would that still be ok?

Welllll.....

http://www.afrointroductions.com/?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=English+UK+Ebony+Dating&ovcrn=ebony+dating&ovtac=PPC&gclid=COif692ei58CFVeY2AodrW8gJA

bit late to be worrying about that mate !
Reply 54
kevin_123
Well, where do you draw the line? If a resturant owner didn't allow nazis inside his resturant, wouldn't that be discrimination against Nazis?

Yep. Just cause I don't like Nazis doesn't mean they aren't allowed to eat. If he started being racist or anything like that, i'd kick him out, but if he is eating in the resturant and just so happens to be a nazi, I don't see why he should be banned.
:rofl: they even say "too ugly to sign up"
Reply 56

Doesn't mean its right, what i'd like to challenge you to do now is to find a whites only dating site. Maybe that'll show us something about the descrimination in the world.
Rubgish
Yep. Just cause I don't like Nazis doesn't mean they aren't allowed to eat. If he started being racist or anything like that, i'd kick him out, but if he is eating in the resturant and just so happens to be a nazi, I don't see why he should be banned.

Exactly. Unattractive people don't actively do anything wrong. Nazis may start a restaurant holocaust or something :biggrin:

That isn't racist. If you be bothered you would see that white people are actually on it.
Reply 59
SunOfABeach
Exactly. Unattractive people don't actively do anything wrong. Nazis may start a restaurant holocaust or something :biggrin:

Maybe they do. I'm sure some people could get on that site if they wore make-up/dressed up nicely, but don't because they don't. So maybe they are being actively unattractive?

Latest

Trending

Trending