The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Converting a 2.2 to a 2.1 by transferring credits

I am seriously considering transfering my credits from my BSc to the OU so that I can retake all 3rd year modules and get a 2.1.

I studied at KCL before and due to various reasons out of my control and a lack of motivation, I got a lower second. Almost ever job seems to require a 2.1 and even though I am now doing a MSc at UCL, there seems to be no way around the original prerequisite.

Is anyone here doing something similar? Also for employment purposes can I state this is as my degree and reject my original degree?

I know I can go onto doing a PhD with my MSc, but the original undergraduate degree still seems to be important no matter how far up you go. Sometimes I wish I had just left in my 3rd year when I had my doubts! I would have still been eligible to retake it with funding from the SLC, but now I am told I just have to take it as it is. :mad:

Anyone also know if they take just the best marks from your transferred credits, or is it up to them to decide otherwise?:smile:
Surely your MSc is evidence enough of your academic mettle to prospective employers? It might be worth posting in the Postgrad forum as well for advice on this, shad.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Yeh I hoped it would, but employers and Universities seem to disregard everything except your first degree.

I am hoping that I can transfer credits from my BSc and MSc, take a couple of modules and hopefully rectify my undergraduate degree. Do you think this would be frowned upon or seen as being proactive?

Another important point is that, I will be applying to the states for Law and Undergraduate GPA plus my LSAT is what they care most about. My LSAT is very good, but due to mistakes and circumstances during my Undergrad, I feel like I will be punished for the rest of my life.

Latest

Trending

Trending