Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The site being slow?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whoa...that seriously starting to look like a pattern - noticed the times?

I think this really needs to be looked in to.

Please do keep reporting if/when you have any more slowness, even at about 2:15-2:30am.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I noticed this pattern, it happened the night before too btw but I forgot to report it.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys, we've noticed some site backups which might have been the cause of the slowness you were experiencing around 2:30am on several days recently. These backups have been adjusted and we didn't see any of you reporting problems last night, which might mean the problems are fixed.

Please do let us know if you experience any further slowness on the site, especially if it's around 2:15am-2:30am.
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    RK's away now until November 4th, but i'll be keeping an eye on this thread so if people experience any issues do please keep posting them up and i'll make sure they get passed on.
    Cheers dudes :yy:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    RK's away now until November 4th, but i'll be keeping an eye on this thread so if people experience any issues do please keep posting them up and i'll make sure they get passed on.
    Cheers dudes :yy:
    Must be a admin away session... First you had an holiday, now presumably RK has one.... Fleur next?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had between 15-20 minutes of downtime :yy:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had some issues over the last few minutes. Some 'guru meditation' message kept appearing.....

I kid you not.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Varnish cache server / Guru errors just now.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guru meditation and no permission to access /

Come on TSR, man up
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Had some issues over the last few minutes. Some 'guru meditation' message kept appearing.....

I kid you not.
    :sadnod: Not just you.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had:

- 'ooops' Google Chrome page
    - TSR has scheduled downtime page
    - 503 error page.

all within the last few minutes
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    Recording for reference: 15 mins downtime.

(and the above pages too)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    and I thought it was just me. Every night past midnight (never looked at the time specifically, but late) the site becomes very unresponsive, with "Connection to server was reset" errors.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xarren)
    and I thought it was just me. Every night past midnight (never looked at the time specifically, but late) the site becomes very unresponsive, with "Connection to server was reset" errors.
    it was down for me last night aswell for a certain period of time but why midnight?-that should be when the least people are on!!!
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    it was down for me last night aswell for a certain period of time but why midnight?-that should be when the least people are on!!!
    We had problems a few months ago which I think stemmed from the server running scheduled jobs at midnight - but I've not seen midnight problems for a while and thought that issue at lease was fixed...
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    I kept reporting problems at 2-3am and RK said that there seemed to be a pattern, however since then he said that the problem should be resolved. I assume last nights blip could've just been a one off as I don't ever notice it that early, it's always in the very early hours of the morning. :holmes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    seems to be okay me at the moment
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    We are students.

Students aren't famed for their normal sleeping patterns.
    • 90 followers

(Original post by cambo211)
    We are students.

Students aren't famed for their normal sleeping patterns.
    Read the sig, pending GCSE's. Therefore bed at 10/11pm probably

I've had no problems when on but I'm on at like 3/4am these days
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just catching up with events here and it looks like the 15 minutes of down time you experienced was a scheduled period of down time to carry out some maintenance.

We would have usually let you guys know in advanced, but 1) it was quite short notice and 2) I'd usually be the one to let you know it was happening, but I wasn't around.

So hopefully, no need to worry about that little issue, but also, I'll speak to the guys here to make sure we do have someone let you know about scheduled down time, where ever possible.

Also, a little note about the down time happening around 2am in the morning that many of you experienced a few weeks ago. The work done previously wasn't the whole story and further investigations showed another bit of code we use (a 'plugin') was making daily updates to TSR around 2am in the morning. This update has been adjusted (which was actually the reason why we needed the 15 minutes of down time) and so we hope the issues you were experiencing then are over.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Report a problem Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.