Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The site being slow?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Maybe we should be pleased that we have a new record for online users :awesome:
    Yeah baby! :cool:
    And yes, the site does appear to be crashing and burning.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Can you link to a post where you've been quoted but you're not seeing it in Who Quoted Me? It could be that the quote has been edited in after the post was originally submitted, in which case it wouldn't show up there.
    Seriously? No offence but that's pretty lame.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to keep you updated, an urgent message has been sent over to the hosts/developers who should be looking in to the issues to see what can be done. I'm hoping these issues will be over soon.

Maybe we should be pleased that we have a new record for online users :awesome:
    Not that I believe the 12000+ people online to be acurrate as when I looked about 20 minutes after that record was set it was down at the more usual 5,500 people - numbers of people online generally do not change so quickly in such a short space of time under normal circumstances, so I'd guess something dodgy is going on there.

We shall see when we get infor back about the problems.
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Not that I believe the 12000+ people online to be acurrate as when I looked about 20 minutes after that record was set it was down at the more usual 5,500 people - numbers of people online generally do not change so quickly in such a short space of time under normal circumstances, so I'd guess something dodgy is going on there.
    I was thinking that. Though, if the site was playing up, it's possible that either people will have given up and/or fewer connections were actually reaching the servers, hence the massive drop? I did notice that there were about 10,000 users online a few minutes before it went bad (if I remember correctly, that is), through merely a coincidental checking of the user list.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    There can't be 12000 genuine users, there's no reason for it O.o
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an update on part of what is going on.

One of the databases has run into some problems this evening (I'm unsure as to what yet). But this has required it to need a reboot and following that there were some troubles stablising it. Gossamer have been working on this for the last 45 minutes or so.

Will update tyou if there's more news.
    • 12 followers

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Can you link to a post where you've been quoted but you're not seeing it in Who Quoted Me? It could be that the quote has been edited in after the post was originally submitted, in which case it wouldn't show up there.
    Page 140 in this thread, you'll see the posts in question, I hope. It's taking an age hence no link to individual posts.

As I tried to get to the thread in question I got this:

Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /forumdisplay.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server
    Also, this thread has been added to my wathced threads list, I certainly didn't do that.

PS: I noticed your post about ten minutes after you quoted me and it's taken this long to respond.
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another fail :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Host 'tsrweb3.nmsrv.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /includes/class_core.php on line 293

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Host 'tsrweb3.nmsrv.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /includes/class_core.php on line 299

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Host 'tsrweb3.nmsrv.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /includes/class_core.php on line 299

There seems to have been a problem with the database.
    Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    • 29 followers

Another fail :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Host 'tsrweb3.nmsrv.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /includes/class_core.php on line 293

There seems to have been a problem with the database.
    Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    I had the same error message at around the same time.

It also logged me out of modCP. Thats never happened before :/
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems like there some issues which continued over the night and this morning after they were sorted yesterday evening. We've been in contact with the hosts/developers again and they've looked in to things again and things seem to be OK again now.
    • 6 followers

Warning: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Can't connect to 192.168.1.1:11211, Connection timed out (110) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 254

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 256

Just got that now
    • 78 followers

No error messages, but just would not allow me to post or any pages to load
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetopnotch)
    Warning: Memcache::connect() [memcache.connect]: Can't connect to 192.168.1.1:11211, Connection timed out (110) in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 254

Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 256

Just got that now
    Did this hang around, or was it fixed upon refreshing?
    • 6 followers

(Original post by CJ)
    Did this hang around, or was it fixed upon refreshing?
    Refreshed the page and it worked.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    The site is having very frequent periods where nothing will load, but then it will all load at once. It's definitely not my internet/computer (:hmmm: at a certain user), as it's happening regardless where I go, ModCP is working fine though, as are other sites. Is anyone else having this problem?
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    The site is having very frequent periods where nothing will load, but then it will all load at once. It's definitely not my internet/computer (:hmmm: at a certain user), as it's happening regardless where I go, ModCP is working fine though, as are other sites. Is anyone else having this problem?
    When exactly have you been experiencing this? Is it just now? Or all day?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    When exactly have you been experiencing this? Is it just now? Or all day?
    All day, for a few days now, it just keeps hanging.
    • 161 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    All day, for a few days now, it just keeps hanging.
    I'm having exactly the same problem.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys experiencing it on ANY other websites, as I'm having the same problems on here, but I'm sure I was also having similar issues elsewhere, so thought it was likely something with my machine.
    • 34 followers

I am slow on some other sites, but nowhere near the extent at which the site is slow tonight. :erm:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 16, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Report a problem Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.