The Student Room Group

Need help on UCL 'selection afternoon' for Civil Engineering

UCL invite me to a selection afternoon. The letter said there are some problem solving exercises and some group works. But it doesn't said there will be an interview.

So, can someone tell me what will the exercises and group works like? Are those exercises hard? What do I need to parpare for that? and what is the chance to get an offer after I attend the afternoon?

Thank you so much for help and please left some tips for interview and the problem solving exercises.
Reply 1
???????ther probably trying to see if you could work in a team and assessing your personal skills i.e communication skills etc. i doubt that they will be hard otherwise they would have given u additonal info on what to prepare for.

tips:

just state the obvious (common sense) then just work your way around the questions keeping in mind the hints dropped by the interviewer.

GOOD LUCK MATE :smile:
Reply 2
I had a selection day there in December for Civil Engineering. We all didn't even get interviewed, they told us as we are there, they wanted us :biggrin:

We did a little project on erosion on a part of coast in the UK, ideas to reduce erosion to prevent this small village falling into the sea. Revetments, sea wall etc. Our team went for Revetments. The lecturer said we wouldn't be marked or assessed on it
They showed us round all the labs, wow fluids lab was so cool. They could put sine/cos or any wave into water :P.
Reply 3
Tomoallen
I had a selection day there in December for Civil Engineering. We all didn't even get interviewed, they told us as we are there, they wanted us :biggrin:

We did a little project on erosion on a part of coast in the UK, ideas to reduce erosion to prevent this small village falling into the sea. Revetments, sea wall etc. Our team went for Revetments. The lecturer said we wouldn't be marked or assessed on it
They showed us round all the labs, wow fluids lab was so cool. They could put sine/cos or any wave into water :P.

good!so do you mean if you get invite to the selection afternoon that mean they will give u an offer?
Reply 4
Yoks
good!so do you mean if you get invite to the selection afternoon that mean they will give u an offer?

Yeah you should get an offer about 2-3 weeks after it. It's more like an open day. :smile:
Reply 5
wat d u wear to the open day? formal? informal?
Reply 6
Yoks
wat d u wear to the open day? formal? informal?

Kind of inbetween, Informal Shirt with jumper with Jacket and grey trousers.

Latest

Trending

Trending