The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
:beard: interesting not sure what there could be aside from another door leading to another shaft that goes up:dontknow:
Riderz
If its too small to be an entrance, it follows that how did they put anything of substance there? Not only because the items would have to be very very small, but also someone, or something, had to place it there. Unless you think that the pyramid was built around the object/s. Seems far fetched to me. A exit for the dead souls would make most sense. And hence there is "nothing" behind the door.

The shaft starts narrow at both ends and can lead into a much bigger space somewhere, where whatever is stored.

They would have been constructed during the entire construction of the pyramid as were other things. For example the granite esophagus in the kings tomb is 1 inch wider than the entrance to the tomb, so would have been put in place before the walls were built.

The pyramid is still one of the worlds most precise buildings and the builders would have thought about every last detail.
Reply 42
You'd all be shocked if they found an iPhone and PSP in there.
Reply 43
Will probably be a Starbucks, they're everywhere.
Check out the original post, i've added some cool pics.
It will be Elvis or maybe Osama
Reply 46
Trouser Snake
The shaft starts narrow at both ends and can lead into a much bigger space somewhere, where whatever is stored.

They would have been constructed during the entire construction of the pyramid as were other things. For example the granite esophagus in the kings tomb is 1 inch wider than the entrance to the tomb, so would have been put in place before the walls were built.

The pyramid is still one of the worlds most precise buildings and the builders would have thought about every last detail.

Yes, but the important stuff - ie the body and gold gilding was not added at the time of construction, but later on. Its a bit different to putting something of value in at the start when the labourers would have had access.
Riderz
Yes, but the important stuff - ie the body and gold gilding was not added at the time of construction, but later on. Its a bit different to putting something of value in at the start when the labourers would have had access.

that's why it could be something that was put in place during the construction. Maybe a library or some sacred items.
Reply 48
Trouser Snake
that's why it could be something that was put in place during the construction. Maybe a library or some sacred items.

Same question as I posed before then - how do you get them in through such a small passage? Nobody could climb up it. It cant have been added during construction, and it cant be added after construction. What is it? Like a riddle.
Third Door
Riderz
Same question as I posed before then - how do you get them in through such a small passage? Nobody could climb up it. It cant have been added during construction, and it cant be added after construction. What is it? Like a riddle.

Why couldn't it have been added during construction?
Reply 51
Fusilero
I suspect that's where the Lizardmen secretly control the Egyptian Government.

Lol! This :smile:
The corpse of a craftsman.
The £250,000 Box?
A lot of people trying to be funny...hmmm
Reply 55
The jokes started getting boring after the first few. So when exactly are they going to do this?
Reply 56
I reckon there are some mummified cottagers behind there.
Behind that door you will find george bush and tony blair.
Reply 58
Trouser Snake
Obviously this sort of thread isn't well suited to TSR...oh well back to threads about rimming and the like

As an archaeologist (and one studying Egypt), I'm at home here ... :biggrin:
My guess would be more shaft.

NB, if it was something interesting added during construction, what function does the shaft serve? To allow spirits access or something?

Great thread btw.

Latest

Trending

Trending