Reply 1
Neofytos
How does it work ?
What types and what its job ?

this should help
Reply 2

Well,if i wanted to search google i would do it alone -,-
If u dont know dont post ! Simple !
The reason is simple. Those who knows about transformer can explain it better in simple words rather google :wink:
Reply 3
Neofytos
Well,if i wanted to search google i would do it alone -,-
If u dont know dont post ! Simple !
The reason is simple. Those who knows about transformer can explain it better in simple words rather google :wink:

I think the other poster was suggesting that you are being stupidly lazy.
To be honest, with present information I would have to agree. There is much reference on the internet at your finger tips.
Iff, you find that you have read the reference and do not understand, people are happy to help. But these same people have little time for those people who are too lazy to simply search the internet/library/ask your teacher/ask your dog.

We are not paid to answer your questions and often do not feel appreciated when people do ask nicely enough.
Reply 4
Well, to be short, they protect the human race from other evil Transformers, known as the Decepticons. Optimus Prime is the lea-

...wait....
aren't transformers big robot, there are to types of big robot. Bad big robot and Good big robot. Their jobs are to blow stuff up.
Reply 6
... robots in disguise. I wrote that on all my notes and stuff, wherever it says "transformers".
Reply 7
dammit guys, i did it with some humour!
dammit guys, i did it with some humour!

i didn't know that you thought up the idea for all transformer's jokes, would you like royalties because we used the name.

douche
Reply 9
chigz32
Well, to be short, they protect the human race from other evil Transformers, known as the Decepticons. Optimus Prime is the lea-

...wait....

wuahahaha nice one,i was laughing for about 1 minute :biggrin:

[
Mehh
I think the other poster was suggesting that you are being stupidly lazy.
To be honest, with present information I would have to agree. There is much reference on the internet at your finger tips.
Iff, you find that you have read the reference and do not understand, people are happy to help. But these same people have little time for those people who are too lazy to simply search the internet/library/ask your teacher/ask your dog.

We are not paid to answer your questions and often do not feel appreciated when people do ask nicely enough.

Well,i didnt insult u, why u insult me then :s-smilie: ?
What the heck did i simple ask ? How does a transformer work !
And to let u know i searched google before coming here(2 pages full of transformers the movie),i found 2-3 pages about a transformer,but the kind of english level they were using wasnt fully award by me.U see i am not from england and i would appreciate it from u guys to help me. But no ! U coming here playing the mister "clever" guy friend of google just to gain posts or something ! Well mister clever guy,as u are so clever , can u explain me why u think i am so stupidly lazy ?Because i come to a "student help" site and ask for help and general knowledge about a subject,instead of starting random searching for "other" site helping me to understand how this hell transformer work ?
Well,the only "stupidly lazy" guy i see here is u, that because u cant answer to my question, or other guys qquestions u come here, spending ur lot of free time telling others to go search google.Its like saying to me now "We dont need students with stupid question in MY site go search elsewhere ! " Well,thanks but u see,i also have a brain be sure that i read 5 times more than u ever did in ur life. Thats why before writing whatever ur brain pops up,think think and think. If people didnt think from the beginning of time we wouldnt be here. So dont embarass the humanity with ur present here.

Anyway guys. The question of the past paper i was making was saying: "Explain the action of a step-downn transformer. Your explanaton should include reference to the parts played by the primary and the secondary coils and the core of the transformer."
I read the parts for transformers in 2 physics books but both just say its principle only . Please help :smile:
Basically a transformer is 2 coills wrapped around opposite sides of an iron square, when a current is passed through one coil it induces a magnetic field in the iron core which in turn induces another current in the other coil, if there are different numbers of turns on the coils the one with a greater number of turns will have a bigger current induced and therefore a bigger voltage hence stepping up, the opposite is also true for a step down.
Reply 11
Nelo Angelo
Basically a transformer is 2 coills wrapped around opposite sides of an iron square, when a current is passed through one coil it induces a magnetic field in the iron core which in turn induces another current in the other coil, if there are different numbers of turns on the coils the one with a greater number of turns will have a bigger current induced and therefore a bigger voltage hence stepping up, the opposite is also true for a step down.

Aham. This is mainly the principle of a transformer.
But in mark scheme for the questions it says these bullet points:
-AC/changing current in primary
-Produces a changing B field
-B field carried through core to secondary
-Changing B field over secondary induces emf
-Rate of change of flux linkage is less through secondary OR emf induces across sec. is less because it has less turns than primary OR explanation in terms of the turns ratio formula
-Quality of written communication

These was the 6 marks.
Reply 12
You need the All Spark.
Reply 13
Neofytos
wuahahaha nice one,i was laughing for about 1 minute :biggrin:
Anyway guys. The question of the past paper i was making was saying: "Explain the action of a step-downn transformer. Your explanaton should include reference to the parts played by the primary and the secondary coils and the core of the transformer."
I read the parts for transformers in 2 physics books but both just say its principle only . Please help :smile:

Start like that, you might get an answer.

A transformer can be an electromagnetic machine. Its purpose (depending on its usage) is to either change the voltage of a power supply or change the current of a power supply (you can't get anything for free).

A Step down transformer is a device to reduce the voltage of a power supply and increase the current.

The idea is simple.
a) A wire produces a magnetic field when you pass a current through it.
b) If you wind a wire into a coil then you have many magnetic fields overlapping
c) A magnetic field MOVING through a wire causes a voltage across the wire.
d) A second coil means you can have a long wire in a magnetic field, producing more voltage.
e) The current in the first wire is AC, so the magnetic field generated is always "moving".

So. To the part about "step down". The more coils the "primary" coil has, the "stronger" the magnetic field. The more coils the "secondary" coil has, the larger the output voltage (per magnetic field).

The stepping turns out to be the same ratio as the coils ratios.
So if you put 240V AC into a transformer that has 100 windings on the primary and 20 windings on the secondary the output would be 48V AC.

That SHOULD cover all the markscheme.
very useful this is for summing up transformers which i find very useless to me but i need to know it in depth for my exam. So thank you for this thread!!!!

Latest