The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Locked in my room because I'm extremely anti-social during exam periods.
Reply 61
Home is cosy but incredibly distracting - if I'm in my room attempting to work I'll be reminded of the laundry I need to do, dishes I need to wash, that film I need to watch, etc.

As much as I hate commuting, the library is probably a much more productive work environment.
Reply 62
Original post by AntiLearner
A few of my coursemates want to meet up in the library and revise. I'd like to because at least it's social and it'll be less stressful, but at the same time, most of my revision consists of:

typing up notes
using the laptop to read lecture notes
reading articles from the internet/laptop

So, I'm more inclined to have everything set up at home than to bring my laptop to the library everyday. I have tried to study in the library (by writing notes etc) once and I remember not getting much done. As soon as I got home I was working well again. I've found that it's only good to revise in the library once I've covered everything myself and just go near the end of my revision to talk/clarify with mates. Thoughts? Does the library work for you? :s-smilie:

Library. At home i'm just distracted by games. At the library i find it easy to concentrate when everyone else is studying.
Reply 63
At home. Too many sexy geeks in the library = distraction.
Reply 64
Original post by Nat_LPS
Maths further maths physics and le chemistry.
Genuinely struggling with maths but I didnt like much else :tongue:
but I like the subject so id rather do alright in it than do better at single maths, the library has saved me.
What about yourself?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Biology, English Language & Literature, Sociology and the Welsh Baccalaureate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by EcstaZEEH
I'm doing Biology, English Language & Literature, Sociology and the Welsh Baccalaureate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oo sociology sounds quite hard, is it good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
At home. My college library is always packed and my local library closes at 5.30pm everyday (way too early imo). I also tend to get distracted at home with my phone, tv, games and parents wanting me to do chores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't masterbate in the library, therefore it has to be the library for me.
Reply 68
Library I'd say.

Revising on your own can be quite a lonely experience IMO and seeing other hard-working people around you, is a strong motivating influence - certainly for me at least.
Reply 69
Original post by Nat_LPS
Oo sociology sounds quite hard, is it good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently, it is one of the easiest A level subjects. I honestly don't like it when people discriminate subjects. :smile:

It is very interesting, especially when combined with Biology, you can associate them. :smile:

Edit: My gosh, you're doing the hard core subjects :biggrin: I love chemistry (especially the organic part), and I like maths, but apparently, maths hate me with gusto... :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Horny Cabbage
Can't masterbate in the library, therefore it has to be the library for me.

Ha-ha! Does your username precedes all of your post? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably the library because if left at home I masturbate aggressively until my testicles ache.
Ha-ha! Does your username precedes all of your post? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course, my username tells half the story to who I am, I'm not a cabbage so you can fill in the rest :wink:
Reply 73
Original post by Horny Cabbage
of course, my username tells half the story to who I am, I'm not a cabbage so you can fill in the rest :wink:

Interesting...

I hope you're not a misogynistic pig / cabbage :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Library any day. I should be revising right now but am very easily distracted by my family and of course TSR, which I can't access from a desk in the library.
Reply 75
Original post by AmyAintDead
Library any day. I should be revising right now but am very easily distracted by my family and of course TSR, which I can't access from a desk in the library.

Tell me about it...I'm hooked and I have some revisions to do, since at the start of holidays I never bothered to even look at my books...

Bad, very bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope that my local MP who is a government minister does not read this. If she speaks to George Osborne then university libraries may be sold off to raise funds to reduce the deficit.
Reply 77
I learn better at home
Tell me about it...I'm hooked and I have some revisions to do, since at the start of holidays I never bothered to even look at my books...

Bad, very bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only looked at my Chemistry and Biology over the last week and just about did 2 past papers in each which is waaaaaaaaaaaay below my normal productivity in the library. I've got January exams and everything!
Reply 79
In my room, in the library (at school) I usually get distracted by my friends all the time... and it feels more awkward opening up my spotify playlist full of orchestral songs whilst revising trig at school rather than at home

Latest

Trending

Trending