The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*cough* see sig. *cough*
Reply 21
last time i checked people complained about immigration BEFORE the recession.
your point is invalid, dick.

Last time i checked we have only started to see a dramatic rise in BNP supporters since the recession started. When the country was stable nobody cared but now we are in an economic slump people have found someone to blame everything on.
Reply 22
Isn't this argument older than most people on the forum?
Here we go again. 'Steal' implies ownership. Jobs belong to no one. No one is entitled to employment. No one is obligated to hire anyone from any specific group.
Eccentric
Isn't this argument older than most people on the forum?

It's been going on for centuries, and especially throughout the 20th century.
Reply 25
hontoir
Ok.. if the foreigners wernt here.. they wouldnt have errected a mosque down the street.. correct.. so their religion would not exist here.

With regards to the second part of your statement i did not mean LITERALLY FORCING, it would mean that people would not be able to push the jobs onto others and would do them. If i remember righty all of my bin men are white, and have been doing the job for years, anyways i digress, the economy would shrink?? Well i certainly wouldnt be spending towards the £350k house that the islamic :snow::snow::snow::snow: who plans on walking through wooten basset lives in would i..

I would hardly call that forcing. So what would you suggest for muslims that have just come to the country? They obviously need a place to worship, so why not build a mosque? The idea of forcing people to work sounds outrageous and unrealistic. As for wooten basset, everybody has their right to stage a peaceful protest.
Reply 26
The reason people blame immigrants is because if the immigrants were not here the British would fill those jobs.
Yes we know.
Reply 28
Rkhan
actually made my laugh out loud:biggrin:

I seen it in a documentary on BBC Two.
Reply 29
NIGUKAE
Last time i checked we have only started to see a dramatic rise in BNP supporters since the recession started. When the country was stable nobody cared but now we are in an economic slump people have found someone to blame everything on.

well people complained before it, and with job losses maybe it upped a notch.

also will you spanners stop saying there doing jobs we dont want to?
there are a million young people unemployed and even more than a million on benifits the only reason they dont want to do it because they are getting money to do nothing, stop/lower the money and maybe that will be a motivator to actually get a job?
i have a freind who had a job and quit because the hours he was on he could get more on JSA than work.
hontoir
.Ok.. if the foreigners wernt here.. they wouldnt have errected a mosque down the street. correct.. so their religion would not exist here.

With regards to the second part of your statement i did not mean LITERALLY FORCING, it would mean that people would not be able to push the jobs onto others and would do them. If i remember righty all of my bin men are white, and have been doing the job for years, anyways i digress, the economy would shrink?? Well i certainly wouldnt be spending towards the £350k house that the islamic :snow::snow::snow::snow: who plans on walking through wooten basset lives in would i..

Wasn't the first mosque in Britian built by a Christian?
Reply 31
I believe he converted to that yes.
They are "stealing" them by the idea that they are coming across here for a better lifestyle thereby taking jobs that others could of had, I do think they are "hard" workers but there is also a huge amount of lazy immigrants too andI feel immigrants act as if they have a chip on their shoulder as I have walked up town before(in 3 different towns actually) and had someome with a "Polish accent" stare at me and shout what am I looking at or do I have a problem with them.

And on that I feel a lot of them arent as grateful as they can be, if a immigrant starts bothering me on a night out or even in the street I feel angry as they come to our country and dont even have the respect and decency to speak nice.
They just steal everything else (jk)

NIGUKAE

It's "Kampf", not "Kamph".
I find that immigrants also create more jobs !

But i've also noticed that some of these so called "jobs" that immigrants steal are only because the british people
would'nt even do them in the first place because they are "trampy"

e.g toilet cleaner, - Honestly how many british people do you find applying for this jobs as opposed
to immigrants who don't care because they just want to make ends meet !
My dad is an immigrant to America so I suppose he's "stealing" American jobs. People from Britain move abroad all the time to work and live in different countries and there. Dubai is a muslim country yet has Christian churches and synagogues like we have synagogues and mosques over here. :/ I never knew that as being a big deal, I mean faith isn't restricted to certain countries.
Yeah, I remember when people started complaining about immigrants 2 or 3 years ago. Before that, no one had ever complained about immigrants ever.
Reply 37
The majority of people who love to moan about immigrants getting all the jobs are the ones who are too lazy to get one and are happy living on the doal.
katierattray
I don't have a problem with immigrants working over here because I have worked with immigrants and they are hard workers.

Is this the only logic you have to negate the myth that immigrants steal jobs?
Reply 39
Ayostunner

e.g toilet cleaner, - Honestly how many british people do you find applying for this jobs as opposed
to immigrants who don't care because they just want to make ends meet !

thats because working lots of hours a day and getting £150 a week is no better than working no hours a week and getting £90 or whatever. if people needed the money there would be more than enough people wanting the job

Latest

Trending

Trending