The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Heya, Im guessing you live in Bristol area and are looking for some experience??
Do u have a local vet practise? if u have any animals, i would go and speak to the vet you use for them, if not go to your local vets and have a chat. Look in yellow pages and see what u can find, i wrote letters to get most of my experience for places i didnt know, i felt this was a formal and correct way of doing it, it allowed them to get a real view of teh situation i was in and they had the option as to wether they wanted me to come or not (alot of people completely ignored the letter) others rang me back, others emailed and a few replied by letter. (make sure u include all ways on contacting so they can choose which is easiest for them)

i did work exp with stables equine practise (u can look this up on the internet) its the nearest to bristol ive been, they were fantastic and have strong links with Langford.

i dont tink the vet school would take wannabe vet students as they have all the students training there but i dont no for sure.

are u doing AS's??

start writing your PS and work hard for the grades, start gathering work exp over yr holidays and good luck :smile:
To find local vet practices you can use this: http://www.rcvs.org.uk/Templates/system/FAVSearch.asp?NodeID=89660
For some reason my 'local' yellow pages didn't include loads of the ones from there, and it also tells you what sort of animals each practice deals with :smile:
Reply 3
My friend did work experience at Langford vet school in year 10 but she knew one of the vets there so organised it through him I think. When you get a placement at a vet practice its a good idea to ask them to recommend other places you could go, e.g farms, stables. They will know which ones in your area are student friendly!

Latest

Trending

Trending