The Student Room Group

Low grades?

Hey everyone. A little depressed at the moment because my grades are so low and I want to go to Cardiff Uni to do English Language. I'm currently studying for AS and at the moment I'm on a C for Media Studies and a D for English Lit and Psychology. Everyone else is around this grade so it seems pretty normal, but I want the A grade in English to prove to Cardiff I am capable. It's not as if I'm bad at English as I got A* and A at GCSE in Language and Literature. However, with only about four months to go till exam time, I'm really starting to panic that getting from a D to an A is going to be hard. Can anyone shed any light on this about whether my grades are fine at this stage?
JGJamieson
Hey everyone. A little depressed at the moment because my grades are so low and I want to go to Cardiff Uni to do English Language. I'm currently studying for AS and at the moment I'm on a C for Media Studies and a D for English Lit and Psychology. Everyone else is around this grade so it seems pretty normal, but I want the A grade in English to prove to Cardiff I am capable. It's not as if I'm bad at English as I got A* and A at GCSE in Language and Literature. However, with only about four months to go till exam time, I'm really starting to panic that getting from a D to an A is going to be hard. Can anyone shed any light on this about whether my grades are fine at this stage?

I am getting A/high B marks at the moment. Don't think it is normal if you want to be getting A's.
Reply 2
Deep456
I am getting A/high B marks at the moment. Don't think it is normal if you want to be getting A's.

I see. Are you being marked on your work currently? Because in our sixth form we are being marked as if we were doing the exam now. How is it where you work?
Reply 3
Deep456

Ignore this .:rolleyes:

You have 4 MONTHS.

It's plenty enough time for you to shoot your grades up.

This providing you revise much harder than you have been doing.

Just have less free time. ( Keep it to a minimum)

And you'll do fine.:yes:
Reply 4
-Exo-
Ignore this .:rolleyes:

You have 4 MONTHS.

It's plenty enough time for you to shoot your grades up.

This providing you revise much harder than you have been doing.

Just have less free time. ( Keep it to a minimum)

And you'll do fine.:yes:

Yes, you're quite right I can do some more revision than I have been doing. I am also going to speak to my English teachers and form tutor so maybe they can set up some revision sessions. I think if I'm determined to get this A, then I can. Thanks. :smile:
JGJamieson
I see. Are you being marked on your work currently? Because in our sixth form we are being marked as if we were doing the exam now. How is it where you work?

Being marked harsher than the exam. Actually scrap what I said, most people are getting low B/C at the moment and about half-three quaters get As in the end. However, D is maybe a bit low.
I would deffo reccomend getting an study book by the markers ie AQA or something, my AQA book gave me a grade A-predicted. Dude, I'm sure if you want to get this A you can but like -Exo- said you just put all your time and effort into it!
My teacher predicted me an E for Physics and I'm not making a fuss of it :biggrin:
Reply 8
Just get revision books,

Latest