Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ICT PGCE At King's College

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone currently doing a PGCE at King's College I have a few questions, thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if anyone does could you please let me know as its quite urgent thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be attending KCL in Sept 2010 for the English PGCE, so I can't really offer much in regards to whatever questions you have; however, I have a TES link where some former students have made comments, and you may be able to contact them through TES. Also, you may get more replies on a post there.

http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/...3.aspx#4366503
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah ok thank you for the link I really appreciate it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1tsun3)
    I'll be attending KCL in Sept 2010 for the English PGCE, so I can't really offer much in regards to whatever questions you have; however, I have a TES link where some former students have made comments, and you may be able to contact them through TES. Also, you may get more replies on a post there.

http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/...3.aspx#4366503

hey, sorry to bother you , but can i just ask you guys when you applied at kings how long did it take them to make their decision? ive recieved a letter from the gttr, kings put a stop on my app meaning they need more time, the reason being: interview timing? just wondering if you guys got anything like this or know what it means? i called them twice and they told me to wait or withdraw my app. its been with them 2weeks, and im hoping to get a place wrapped up by mid feb - beginning of march. if they are going to piss about much longer i will withdraw. icant understand how it takes two weeks to review and application no matter how busy you are. im hoping for any insight because i could be getting a place elsewhere.. any help would be great !!:confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stop just means they need more time. They could be requesting this for many reason. I know many unis are behind schedule as they has to reschedule interviews due to the snow. I'd say it's likely one of two things: they are behind going through the applications they received and are waiting to get enough for another interview, as they are hoping it to be the last, or worst, they had to reschedule an interview session which they are now waiting to complete to see if there is a point in inviting anyone else to an interview.

As for me, I had my application in within the first month of the application process opening for 2010, received and interview offer within 2 weeks (it was a month and a half after that the interview took place) and then I was offer a place within a week of the interview. This was for English and it was the first interview group (I believe the only interview for English).

Where you go from here with depend on hoe badly you want to go to KCL over your other choices. If you're really worried, I would contact your other choices to see where they are at in the interview process to make a more informed decision about whether or not to withdraw your app from KCL.

Wish I could be of more help. Best of luck. I hope it all works out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes thats a good idea, ill give the others a call to see where they are and ill make a decision then. cheers, you helped a few of my queries now, i owe ya one!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 30, 2010
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.