The Student Room Group

Things that particularly cheese me off.

Hello all. I recently had the misfortune of being stuck next to a chap blaring "JLS" out from his mobile phone whilst at a London bus station. This got my thinking...what really annoys me in life? Here are a few of my personal pet hates...I would welcome hearing any of your particular grimes:

1) People saying "'innit" instead of "isn't it"
2) People talking with their mouth full of food. I do not wish to be a victim of semi-digested food.
3) People interuptting you halfway through a conversation. Please wait until the end of the sentence.
4) People playing a full match of tonsil tennis right in front of you.
5) People playing Britney Spears or 2pac on the tinny noise deriving from mobile phone speakers. It does not sound good.
6) People wearing their trousers below their reproductive organs. I do not wish to see it.
7) People using text speak in real life. It is not cool, nor is it time-saving.

Such an example may include: "And i was like, did you see that? LOL!" Seriously, what is this, who does this in a conversation and thinks it is cool? :mad:

Any other ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate it when people think every word that end's in an s deserve's apostrophe's... D:

I agree with the mobile phone sound. Sometimes when I'm sitting in my room I hear loud music from somewhere, and its someone walking down the other side of the street listening to very loud music!
i hate when people have posh accents to the point everything they say sounds pompus even if they was putting themselves down or jus generally being the opposite, cant stand it
-people who reckon they go for personality over looks
-guys who think they'rehigher in the ranks than you because they're stronger
-some of these modern heavy 'core' bands thinking they have talent because they can play fast
-gays who're "YEAH IN UR FACE" about being gay
-PEOPLE SAYING WHAT ANNOYS THEM :P
billyb750
Hello all. I recently had the misfortune of being stuck next to a chap blaring "JLS" out from his mobile phone whilst at a London bus station. This got my thinking...what really annoys me in life? Here are a few of my personal pet hates...I would welcome hearing any of your particular grimes:

2) People talking with their mouth full of food. I do not wish to be a victim of semi-digested food.
3) People interuptting you halfway through a conversation. Please wait until the end of the sentence.
5) People playing Britney Spears or 2pac on the tinny noise deriving from mobile phone speakers. It does not sound good.
6) People wearing their trousers below their reproductive organs. I do not wish to see it.

Such an example may include: "And i was like, did you see that? LOL!" Seriously, what is this, who does this in a conversation and thinks it is cool? :mad:

Any other ideas?

lol, all of them! The worst thing is one of my best mates interrupts people all the time.

Or when you talk to someone whilst they're texting, they just hold up their index finger whilst saying nothing and carry on.

The whole "Be Are Be" guys thing as well makes me want to hurt someone.
Reply 5
billyb750

Any other ideas?

I agree with all of these. Especially the text speak one and the phone one. I hate it when they're blasting music out of tinny speakers. People do it with their ipods too.

Another one is when you're trying to talk to someone online or by text and they just keep replying with one word answers such as "lol" or "yeah"
jigsawismyhero
i hate when people have posh accents to the point everything they say sounds pompus even if they was putting themselves down or jus generally being the opposite, cant stand it

haha yeah like they have a plum lodged down their throat or something
billyb750

My brother does this all the time, it drives me mad! He doesn't mean to but it is so annoying!
Reply 8
the sound of people eating! argggggh
Reply 9
Watching kids cook
The word serviette
Apostrophe misuse
People who drink to get drunk
Skinny jeans

There are oh so many things, I'm old before my time :tongue:
Young children crying.
People putting their bags next to them on buses so nobody can sit down.
Obnoxiousness.
Self deprication.
Facebook. Groups in particular. ****.
Obese people who are too fat to walk and breathe on those ******* motor chair things taking up the entire pavement.
Slow walkers.

There are more. Many more :rant:
billyb750

Any other ideas?

I actually love you.
Please marry me.
billyb750

Any other ideas?

People who don't proofread their posts and therefore end up saying "my" instead of "me."
I hate it when people say "innit" - are you illiterate?SAY IT PROPERLY!!!
I do not like it when people say "I asked him dis blud" and you guys know what I mean
I hate hypocrites
I hate death metal where the only language is die die mother****** for the whole bloody song
Things which annoy me:
- People who point at their wrist while asking the time. Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the bathroom is?
- My English teacher.
- Girls who straighten their hair so much it sticks to their head - especially fringes. WTF? Why would you want a fringe that sticks to your forehead in strands?
Reply 15
Usernamenotinuse
People who don't proofread their posts and therefore end up saying "my" instead of "me."

Touché. Good spot.
billyb750

Any other ideas?

I have to agree. Though I am guilty of the odd 'lol' for extreme sarcastic effect >.<

Add to that people who speak loudly on their phone on the bus. I want to put their head and phone through the window sometimes
ourlastmemory
Young children crying.
People putting their bags next to them on buses so nobody can sit down.
Obnoxiousness.
Self deprication.
Facebook. Groups in particular. ****.
Obese people who are too fat to walk and breathe on those ******* motor chair things taking up the entire pavement.
Slow walkers.

There are more. Many more :rant:

There's a facebook group about that...

lol, sorry.
nase14_aldayz
There's a facebook group about that...

lol, sorry.

:rofl: joining that was the first thing I did when I got facebook.

This was before groups became a plague.
I hAtE PpL Hu TyPe oN dA WEb lYk DIs <3 xx

Latest