The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Daftdonkey
Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows what will happen if we get the bad snow that is forecast for next week? Are exams likely to be postponed? Or will they carry on anyway?

Also, does anyone know hw much snow it generally takes before the buses stop running?

Cheers :smile:

Doubtful. As the 31 will continue to run on London road, so it would be the responsibility of the student to reach the venue. However, should be get a heavy 'dump', exams could be moved by a few days, or moved to the summer! (Not favourable!)

Just keep checking your email for updates.

:smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
It takes a LOT of snow to make the buses stop running. Last year, there was 3 inches on the ground and the buses did not stop and uni did not close.

Exams are known to be postponed but this would be in the discretion of the exam officer of your department. You must check blackboard and your email at very close intervals on bad snow days. If there is no message you will be sure that the exam has not be postponed.

Right now though, the snow in Leicester is not very dangerous. There is only a heavy frost on Vicky Park and LE2 largely.
I got an email to day informing me that exams are still going ahead as normal. However, there's no saying that won't change, if lots of people get stuck. I know a lot of people that are due to fly in at the weekend, but have had cancelled flights.
Reply 4
Same, we got an email form the departments saying exams will continue as usual, they will assess individual cases. Last year the buses from halls started running again at about 10/11am but they did stop them going all the way to jofo so only picked up and dropped off at beaumont. However, they did leave a note on the jofo bus stope to let people know.

Latest

Trending

Trending