The Student Room Group

Pharmacy at Aston!!

Hi guys. Ive been given a conditional offer for pharmacy at Aston university in 2010. They have asked for ABB, with the A in chemistry. My predicted grade is AAB and i have no doubts that I will get my 2 A's in chemistry and biology. My 3rd a-level is business studies, which im trying to complete in one year i.e both AS and A2. But i dont think il achieve a B grade. So if I end up with AAC, do u rekon i will stil get accepted??? (Sorry that was so long!!!) Will appreciate your opinions, Thanks!
Respect3595
Hi guys. Ive been given a conditional offer for pharmacy at Aston university in 2010. They have asked for ABB, with the A in chemistry. My predicted grade is AAB and i have no doubts that I will get my 2 A's in chemistry and biology. My 3rd a-level is business studies, which im trying to complete in one year i.e both AS and A2. But i dont think il achieve a B grade. So if I end up with AAC, do u rekon i will stil get accepted??? (Sorry that was so long!!!) Will appreciate your opinions, Thanks!

congrats on your offer.
last year a lot of me friends applied for pharmacy so i know a bit about aston as they are there now. last year a few of my mates got in with lower than the offer grades. aston said that as they dont go through clearing they lower their offers on results day in order to get the right amount of places. it all depends on how many go to aston and how many places they have left. one of my friends who had aston as their insurance was told that they would have been allowed in with BBB. so perhaps you can get in withAAC.
but try hard and hope yhou meet your offer in the first place.
is it your 1st choice?
Reply 2
Thnx for the reply mate. Yeah aston is my first choice. ive got offers from DMU and wolverhampton aswel. got an inteview with nottingham on the 10th of Feb and stil waitin on manchester. Im havin 2 do AS and A2 business studies in a year because i only done two a-levels last year. It was the only subject i could pick this year......beggers r not choosers i guess!
Respect3595
Thnx for the reply mate. Yeah aston is my first choice. ive got offers from DMU and wolverhampton aswel. got an inteview with nottingham on the 10th of Feb and stil waitin on manchester. Im havin 2 do AS and A2 business studies in a year because i only done two a-levels last year. It was the only subject i could pick this year......beggers r not choosers i guess!

one thing i can say aswel is if you phone them and tell them this they can lower your offer. but still they probs lower it to BBB. but im pretty sure they will let you in with a AAC. and anyway if worst of worst happens wolverhampton will take you. they wil take you with ccc. but hope it dont come to that. Aston is really good for pharmacy and i hope you get it.
like i said before..they dont go through clearing so they do lower the offers on results day
Reply 4
Thanks mate. i just hope i do!
Reply 5
I have got a conditional offer for pharmacy at aston too. They want ABB and i have to get A in biology. Everyone else has offers that specify the A in chemistry. Should i ring aston and check?? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending