The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln student village or private accomodation?!

Hey,

Im going to be a fresher at lincoln university this year, studying contemporary lens media/graphic design...
is anybody else studing this? and which accomodation are u applying for??
with it being a design course its held in the thomas parker house, so dont know whether to apply for private accomodation such as park court/hayes wharf/bradford quays which are nearer or go for student village courts? coz i keep hearin theres more freshers there and u have a much better time and its more social....
totally confused
please help :biggrin: x

Scroll to see replies

This is probably of little (or no) help, but my friend is at Lincoln uni and lives in the village courts, and she absolutely LOVES it. :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm going to Lincoln in 2010 to study Journalism and I'm going for halls.
I thought about the others but it's really all about the social for me and having been at friends unis, I know I want the same atmosphere they have :smile:
Reply 3
JunkDeLuxe
I'm going to Lincoln in 2010 to study Journalism and I'm going for halls.
I thought about the others but it's really all about the social for me and having been at friends unis, I know I want the same atmosphere they have :smile:

By halls I mean courts...same thing :smile:
1st year Id go for courts as it more social and you will definatly be with 1st years! Its the same distance pretty much as Brayford Quays/ Hayes Wharf anyway. Just on the opposite side of the Brayford.
Reply 5
katybaby2010
Hey,

Im going to be a fresher at lincoln university this year, studying contemporary lens media/graphic design...
is anybody else studing this? and which accomodation are u applying for??
with it being a design course its held in the thomas parker house, so dont know whether to apply for private accomodation such as park court/hayes wharf/bradford quays which are nearer or go for student village courts? coz i keep hearin theres more freshers there and u have a much better time and its more social....
totally confused
please help :biggrin: x

Hey, I've also applied for graphic design this year .. I thought I was the only one on here lol

I've got an interview on the 27th but I need to reschedule that cause I have another interview on that day.

I'm traveling from Birmingham so should be a long trip for me loll

and I have no idea which accommodation to choose, I dont mind actually along as its not too far from the campus

Did you have your interview?
Reply 6
I'm applying for creative advertising - interview 24th feb...and (if!!!) i get an offer i think i'll def go for halls (courts) i spoke to someone in their first yr at lincoln whose in the junxion and she said if she had her time agen wud defo go 4 halls 4 the social!!
Reply 7
Courts it is then :biggrin:
Reply 8
M0J0
Hey, I've also applied for graphic design this year .. I thought I was the only one on here lol

I've got an interview on the 27th but I need to reschedule that cause I have another interview on that day.

I'm traveling from Birmingham so should be a long trip for me loll

and I have no idea which accommodation to choose, I dont mind actually along as its not too far from the campus

Did you have your interview?

I had my interview last year and got a place but decided to defer my entry til this year as I had other things going on! hopefully u will get a place too n i shall see in sept!
and I think after reading peoples comments I will go with the student village as my first choice, just wish it was nearer to our campus!! x
Reply 9
[QUOTE='rach [shikari]']1st year Id go for courts as it more social and you will definatly be with 1st years! Its the same distance pretty much as Brayford Quays/ Hayes Wharf anyway. Just on the opposite side of the Brayford.
thanks, I think I will put the courts down as my 1st choice then! so how far would u say it was from my campus (thomas parker)?? are u already at the uni?
Reply 10
katybaby2010
I had my interview last year and got a place but decided to defer my entry til this year as I had other things going on! hopefully u will get a place too n i shall see in sept!
and I think after reading peoples comments I will go with the student village as my first choice, just wish it was nearer to our campus!! x

oh kool
i know your interview was last year but do you remember what sorta question they were asking you?

I've only started doing art this year .. so 10 weeks of art .. my portofolio aint too great, you reckon i'd still get a place?

Reply 11
think imma go for halls but private is cheaper \:
katybaby2010
thanks, I think I will put the courts down as my 1st choice then! so how far would u say it was from my campus (thomas parker)?? are u already at the uni?

Thomas Parker is literally just a building, its opposite where I work (Ritzys club) so is about a 10 minute walk from the Brayford campus, a bit further depending on what court you live in...

Yes, im in my 2nd year.:yep:
Reply 13
I live in Courts now and it's brilliant. Everyone is a fresher, apartments are simple but pretty much everything you need and it's just a great atmosphere within your own court. Some of my seminars are literally 10 paces away from my front door.

It will be sad to leave it next year.
Im confused with this..the maintanance loan is around £3560 yet the cost of accomodation in Lincolns student village is more...en suite is £500 more...do we get a maintance grant aswell as the loan?
I dont know what I can and cant get, its all so confusing! lol
Reply 15
Iya :smile:

My flatmate does contemport lense media, she loves it. I live in courts now and though its kinda expensive for what you get I wouldnt change. I love it, Im based in the media centre so I'm only 1min away from seminars to :biggrin:
I think I'm going for courts aswellll :smile: I'm gonna be studying at Riseholme Park but don't want to be pigeon holed up there with the horsey people; I'd rather just commute up everyday!!
Reply 17
killerjane
I think I'm going for courts aswellll :smile: I'm gonna be studying at Riseholme Park but don't want to be pigeon holed up there with the horsey people; I'd rather just commute up everyday!!

me too!! What are you going to be studying there?

I hate the thought of staying at Riseholme now even though it is a beautiful campus... meals cooked for you!! :eek:
I'm doing animal management and behaviour. Or is it welfare? hhehehe I've forgotten which is a bit worrying...

EXACTLY THE SAME. I like to think I get to study somewhere gorgeous but have city living at the same time (Y)
i know this sounds crazy but we've got a ten bed house and need to fill the rooms because somepeople have dropped out of uni so we need to fill their rooms. Its £69 pw, all inclusive, internet, TV liscence, gas, elecy, insurance, all bills are covered. personal message me if your intrested or wanna ask questions, its through club easy, so no dodgey landlords or anything, and will be with second years. x :smile:

Latest