Best accomodation in UCL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Ramsey - Good location, always a party but it's full of Ramsey ****ers

What do you mean exactly ?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I have a deferred place to study eco and geo at UCL next year. I don't need to apply yet but I am looking in accommodation already. I would like to stay in a place with quite a lot of people, not too expensive and fairly close to UCL. Also, I'd like the people to be pretty sociable and sporty and not alternative like I here they are at Camden... Anyway can anyone help me out? I am kinda looking into International Hall and Ramsey Hall. Is life/rules a bit more relaxed at Ramsey?
Reply 82
Any hall but Hawkridge. DO NOT GO THERE if you are a first year/from the UK.
Reply 83
Max rayne any good?
Hey everyone,
I recently got an offer from UCL and my chief concern is about accommodation (namely the cost). I also applied for ICL and was amazed to see they have rents as low as £70 a week. In UCL, however, the lowest rents I could see were around £120 a week. This is a BIG problem for me because I think I could stretch for £90 maximum. Have I made a mistake applying to London? Is there any way I could possibly find reasonable accommodation within a reasonable distance of the college at this price? Thanks!
Reply 85
Original post by gtownsurfer
Hey everyone,
I recently got an offer from UCL and my chief concern is about accommodation (namely the cost). I also applied for ICL and was amazed to see they have rents as low as £70 a week. In UCL, however, the lowest rents I could see were around £120 a week. This is a BIG problem for me because I think I could stretch for £90 maximum. Have I made a mistake applying to London? Is there any way I could possibly find reasonable accommodation within a reasonable distance of the college at this price? Thanks!

There are twin rooms at May Rayne for 96 and at Campbell House and Arthur Tattersal for 110, these are the cheapest. They're all very close to UCL so you won't spend much on travel!
Hi, I am really confused with the accomadations. Price isn't a huge problem as I will be getting help. However, I am very keen on Hall of residences for their food but a lot of them don't have en suite rooms. Also, a good social life would be great with a Tabke tennis.

Which Halls of Residence is the best? I don't ming traveling.

Also, if the Halls of Residences are all filled up, which house has ensuites and good facilities (kitchen, table tennis...etc)
Any advice will be much appreciated
Original post by gtownsurfer
Hey everyone,

Hi, I used to rent out rooms within a family or share with other students. the price is usually much cheaper like 80pounds a week.
Maybe you could look into that
Reply 88
Which is the most sociable self-catered hall?

I'm thinking about James Lighthill or John Dodgson... how are things there?
Reply 89
Original post by constance2013
Hi, I used to rent out rooms within a family or share with other students. the price is usually much cheaper like 80pounds a week.

hi, do u know any useful links or contacts for such accommodations? and is it safe to live with families... etc especially if it's for more than one year?
Original post by sr211
hi, do u know any useful links or contacts for such accommodations? and is it safe to live with families... etc especially if it's for more than one year?

yeah, sure you can usually find lot of rooms for rent on Gumtree.com

you can go for viewing and go with your gut...usually the family is nice but you nver know. i lived with a family for 2 years and they pretty much became my family but in the beginning it can be awkward...
Original post by constance2013

That would be amazing! I've placed UCL as my firm choice and I'm devoting myself to raising funds to study there. Is there a particular website you used to find places or should I just start searching? Maybe there is hope for me yet!
does anyone know what Campbell east is like? the location is amazing and the rooms like nice but does it have a good reputation for being sociable? I know max rayne is supposed to be pretty fun but I'd like to be closer if possible.
can you stipulate that you don't want to be allocated a shared room at UCL?
Original post by Palace_Eagle
can you stipulate that you don't want to be allocated a shared room at UCL?

2 years since the last post mate!
Cheers mate!
Hello! :smile: I have a twin room in Nutford House, meal provided, 137 pounds per week, location is great as it is near the shopping centre in Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Overall good value for your money. Let me know if anybody is interested to swap since I am looking for somewhere closer like Ramsay or Ifor Evans, and I am also open to any intercollegiate halls (as long as the accommodation has catered meal. Pm me if interested!
Original post by vi2anlee
Hello! :smile: I have a twin room in Nutford House, meal provided, 137 pounds per week, location is great as it is near the shopping centre in Oxford Street and Hyde Park. Overall good value for your money. Let me know if anybody is interested to swap since I am looking for somewhere closer like Ramsay or Ifor Evans, and I am also open to any intercollegiate halls (as long as the accommodation has catered meal. Pm me if interested!

You only get one option? I have yet to receive an email for accommodation, probably in the next few days.
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
You only get one option? I have yet to receive an email for accommodation, probably in the next few days.

yes, you only get one offer and you can choose to either reject or accept it. :smile:
hey guys! I am offered a single ensuite room at James Lighthill House and it is self catered. I want a catered hall so I looking for someone to swap rooms. College hall or connaught hall would be perfect.

Quick Reply